Tomorrows storm upgraded to Red alert

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ripple

Veteran
Nope.

Forecast here in South lakeland has 35mph as max wind on Saturday. Not really much of a storm up here if that's true. I think we might go camping in the van if that's all its got!

presta

Guru
the ice cream shop / cafe they'd been in had vanished entirely
In 1987 there was a transport cafe in a caravan on the A12 at Kelvedon. After the storm all that was left was the axle and floorpan chained to the ground next to the layby, all the superstructure and contents had vanished without trace. (I've just seen it's still there after 34 years, but in a more substantial shipping container now.)

I drove home through that storm. I don't have any recollection of it buffeting the car particularly, but the road was covered in carpet of twigs and debris blown from the trees. It blew our greengage tree down at the bottom of the garden, along with the TV aerial, and the dustbin vanished never to be seen again.
We have alot of delivery's coming in tomorrow all on curtain sided lorry's on a very exposed area at work.
These things are extremely dangerous to open in high winds. The ratchet clips and poles are lethal when the wind gets under the curtains and are impossible to hold onto once undone in high winds.
I drove up to the Lake District for Xmas one year, and there had been a hard frost cold enough to freeze the puddles that had collected on the rooves of fabric covered trailers. On the way up the motorway the airflow was getting under the ice, and heaving slabs the size of manhole covers off the back. Not a day to try tailgating unless you wanted one through the windscreen.

presta

Guru
Ours would be, but our council (Vale of Glamorgan) have told us no collections tomorrow, they hope to do it over the weekend instead, but we should check the website for when.
Ours is due too, but I don't know whether they're coming.

Roseland triker

Cheese ..... It's all about the cheese
Hooning now
Waves are bashing the buildings in the harbour as it's just about high tide.
Probably blowing around 60mph at the moment

Top Bottom