Tomorrows storm upgraded to Red alert

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I recall a bad storm in Aberystwyth back in 1980 or whenever it was. I was walking back to my digs and ever 10 seconds or so I'd hear a slate smashing in the street. I walked up the middle of the road to keep out of the firing line of falling slates. Next morning I looked out of the window to a lovely day over the promenade (my digs had a big bat window overlooking the promenade) and something seemed a bit odd. After about a minute I realised there were two large commercial chest freezers in the middle of the promenade; the ice cream shop / cafe they'd been in had vanished entirely, and only the freezers had been heavy enough not to blow away. Walking round that morning a solid wooden hut belonging to the RNLI had also blown away and was on its side, still in one piece several hundred yards up the high street

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Good luck and keep safe all

OP
OP
johnnyb47

johnnyb47

Guru
My wheelie bins are just underneath my front window. I've just turned them round so the hinges are facing outwards. If the lids fly open , hopefully they won't hit the window.
Watching the news it looks like this storm is going to be really bad. Not looking forward travelling to work tomorrow.We have alot of delivery's coming in tomorrow all on curtain sided lorry's on a very exposed area at work.
These things are extremely dangerous to open in high winds. The ratchet clips and poles are lethal when the wind gets under the curtains and are impossible to hold onto once undone in high winds.
I might well end up refusing delivery's if it gets really bad.
I've also been eyeing up the next door neighbours trampoline.I Wonder if that's going pay my garden a visit.

OP
OP
johnnyb47

johnnyb47

Guru
It's hard to believe what's coming at the moment as the weather is so calm outside.I suppose it's the old saying "calm before the storm"
Has anybody just seen that boat on the news in Hamburg where the waves came crashing through the glass.
Scary stuff 😐

vickster

Legendary Member
It's hard to believe what's coming at the moment as the weather is so calm outside.I suppose it's the old saying "calm before the storm"
Has anybody just seen that boat on the news in Hamburg where the waves came crashing through the glass.
Scary stuff 😐
Apparently they’d closed the schools and shops but kept the ferries running :wacko:

I had a lovely cycle this evening, definitely calm before the storm

Top Bottom