Tonight I cooked...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
They do have cooking shows here but the food is mostly based around traditional dishes.
Here's one sponsored by a cube additive company:

View: https://youtu.be/6lKs8DsbsG8

Tonight, Matthew, it’s going to be…
Well, it started life as a Carbonara recipe but I’ve altered and fiddled with it until no self respecting Italian would recognise my dish of eggs, bacon, * cream, mushrooms and a dash of ketchup.
We like it though

* edit, and Parmesan

Last edited:

presta

Guru
Pasty in the microwave tonight, with broad beans and grilled potatoes.

Beef & lentil cottage pie, topped with clapshot. Plus a side of champignons a la grecque. :hungry:

I'd never heard of clapshot, but the mash I put on my cottage pie is a mix of parsnip, cannellini beans and potato. (Last one was just parsnip & cannellini beans)

presta

Guru
Clapshot is otherwise known as neeps & tatties - one of the world's best comfort foods. :hungry:

Neeps & tatties I have heard of.

I think my Jamie Oliver recipe started out life as swede & potato, but I changed it to parsnip because I prefer the taste, and the cannellini beans got chucked in to use up the rest of the can. (JO called for chickpeas, but I switched to cannellini because I'm not keen on those either.)

I quite like using parsnip as a potato substitute, I'd do it more often if they didn't go off so much quicker than potatoes.

Neeps & tatties I have heard of.

I think my Jamie Oliver recipe started out life as swede & potato, but I changed it to parsnip because I prefer the taste, and the cannellini beans got chucked in to use up the rest of the can. (JO called for chickpeas, but I switched to cannellini because I'm not keen on those either.)

I quite like using parsnip as a potato substitute, I'd do it more often if they didn't go off so much quicker than potatoes.

Parsnips are nice, but just like sweet potato, I find them too sweet to use in lieu of potatoes.

However, they're fabulous in curries, and I do like spiced parsnip soup. Umm, and thin strips of parsnip, deep fried till crispy, and then doused in salt...

lazybloke

Considering a new username
My wiser half has been insisting on growing parsnips for years.
I never used to like them; absolutely ghastly with the roast dinner, but tolerable in soups and curries.
Then we tried the Beeb good food recipe (boiled, tossed in mustard/flour/seasoning, then roasted with a dizzle of honey).

I now far prefer them to roast spuds!

Top Bottom