Train Behaviours!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
I can't Bear it.

Do you want me to Peruve it?

Tenkaykev

Guru
a
what's the reason for that? - I've never managed to figure it out. Is it some sort of device to jolt folk out of a snooze with the word "stop"?
Next thing, they'll be announcing, always possible with electronic booking: "the next station stop is Entwistle, where I'm afraid Mr and Mrs *** will be leaving us"
I was pondering and thought it is logical to the extent that the train may well stop before the Station due to signalling, for example. I'd also mused at arriving at a Station but into a Station with a roof, such as a lot of the Mainline Termini.

a

I was pondering and thought it is logical to the extent that the train may well stop before the Station due to signalling, for example. I'd also mused at arriving at a Station but into a Station with a roof, such as a lot of the Mainline Termini.
sorry - that makes less sense :smile:

Last edited:

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
a

Not forgetting that fact beloved of railway pedants the world over - A terminus is not a station. Only stations are stations, and they are not termini.

simongt

Guru
York is definitely tourist city in normal times, usually gets on my wick.
Indeed, look at the queues outside Betty's and the aimless mobs shuffling through the Shambles. :whistle:

OP
OP
T

Time Waster

Veteran
Going home from work they tell us to not use the footbridge over the lines until the train has left the platform, for your safety. Going into work they don't say that. Are footbridges safer in the morning than the afternoon somehow?

Top Bottom