Triban RC520 ongoing problems.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Superstar do disc wheels with QR, be more than £150 unless there’s a good promotion running

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
There are some QR Aksiums in the classifieds
Yes i saw them but i am talking about x mas , no spare cash till then i reckon had to had a new washing machine and new car tyres so far this month already :sad: , not sure if they are good listed as 142 mm axle ?

vickster

Legendary Member
Yes i saw them but i am talking about x mas , no spare cash till then i reckon had to had a new washing machine and new car tyres so far this month already :sad: , not sure if they are good listed as 142 mm axle ?
I thought they were pretty standard? Keep an eye on superstar, don’t know if they have a mailing list, good deals last Xmas.

i think Paypal offer 4 months credit?

Last edited:

DRM

Guru

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
My local bike shop reckons Shimano wheels are decent, although they mostly sell hybrid/tourer/MTB wheels rather than superlight roadie ones.

OP
OP
K

Kingfisher101

Über Member
The bike has now been sorted out and is riding correctly. Thank you everyone for your help.
Anyone considering this bike needs to factor in the cost of a new wheelset and tyres, if you cant get the tyre on and off the rim and a lot of people cant with this model.
So the total cost has been just over a grand which I suppose is still decent but its been a lot of hassle to get it running right.

Dwn

I’ve seen a suggestion on the Triban users Facebook page that decathlon will swap out (presumably foc) the wheels on RC5xx road bikes for new wheels being introduced. No details on timescale or process.

I’ve already changed mine, so too late for me.

OP
OP
K

Kingfisher101

Über Member
I’ve seen a suggestion on the Triban users Facebook page that decathlon will swap out (presumably foc) the wheels on RC5xx road bikes for new wheels being introduced. No details on timescale or process.

I’ve already changed mine, so too late for me.
How are you finding the bike? I see its now £849.99 new wow, thats up from 729.00 when I bought it.

The bike has now been sorted out and is riding correctly. Thank you everyone for your help.
Anyone considering this bike needs to factor in the cost of a new wheelset and tyres, if you cant get the tyre on and off the rim and a lot of people cant with this model.
So the total cost has been just over a grand which I suppose is still decent but its been a lot of hassle to get it running right.
They always cut corners don't they? Its poor really, word gets around quick in the cycling community so charging £50 more and offering a sensible wheelset may have made more business sense?

Dwn

Despite the saga with the wheels, I absolutely love the RC520 - great bike for the money. I also bought a straight bar RC500 but just had the bars swapped over to drops - didn’t enjoy the straight bar setup. To keep costs down I went with bar end shifters, so that may take some getting used to.

Top Bottom