Trivial things that make you annoyed beyond expectations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Another example of basic maths is that the train station is 12km away, it takes 5 mins to get ticket. Next train is 24 mins, given the speed you can average, can you get to the station in time, or should you relax and aim for one in an hour?

That's a variation of the 'Mary had seven coconuts and Jimmy gave her one' problem, isn't it!?

FrothNinja

Veteran
Everyone knows it should be 9 foot's.

Wrong ^_^. It would be 9 foots, unless the nominate 9 foot owned the shelf, then it would be 9 foot's shelf. Simple's :sun:

FrothNinja

Veteran
I find myself irrationally annoyed by people who cannot grasp the concept of variables when making calculations or estimates - eg how many miles per gallon a vehicle consumes.

Another example of basic maths is that the train station is 12km away, it takes 5 mins to get ticket. Next train is 24 mins, given the speed you can average, can you get to the station in time, or should you relax and aim for one in an hour?

Given how long it would take me to work that out I'd go for the next train every time, or set off ten minutes ago to make sure.

Last edited:

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Groups of animals referred to in the singular form, particularly on safari.

"We saw fifty elephant"
"... a group of giraffe between the trees"
etc

I could annoy all footballer by singing Three Lion on a shirt.

mustang1

Legendary Member
I got unusually irritated by slow drivers this morning. Like those guys who drive at 20 in a 30 zone, or those who dont know which way they have to go and the turn into a road and just stop there figuring out if they made the correct turn (once youve turned into a road, you moght as well carry on driving regardless if if its the correct turn or not).

Alsl those drivers who lile performing reversing out of a junction or performing three point turns as soon as they entruned into a junction.

Yeah, lkle i said, i was unsually irritated this morning. Most of the time I'm not bothered.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
On the subject of plurals, I'm annoyed by Innocent smoothies. Everyone else would call this a mango, passion fruit and apple smoothie. Not these thundering clown shoes. No, it's a smoothie with mangoes, passion fruits and apples. Presumably someone in marketing thought it sounded charmingly twee and oh so much more fruity to pluralise the f**k out of it.

Screenshot_20220521-132709_Chrome.jpg

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Roundabouts with shrubbery planted deliberately by stupid road designers so it's not possible to see what is going to turn right across your bows.
Not so bad if you are in a car as you can accelerate quickly enough, but on a bike, or in a truck, it's downright dangerous.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
People who approach a T junction and want to turn into one right angle leg with high walls and no way of seeing if anything is coming down the single track. They cut the corner and when confronted with somebody well down the hill have to reverse but do not allow enough space for the oncoming vehicle to get round the corner. I never turn until I have a clear view but that seems too simple for most.

Top Bottom