Trivial things that make you annoyed beyond expectations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
when people cut sausages in half lengthways prior to frying them :stop:
:eek::eek::eek:

sheddy

Legendary Member
Pubs serving chilled beer on tap. "Sorry sir, we only serve chilled beer".
So you ask for a bottle of IPA. Only to find its been stored in the fridge...

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Eating food with plastic, or wooden, cutlery provided by fast food emporiums... Bendy, horrid snappy things and the wooden ones impart a nasty taste to the tongue 😝

(Chopsticks are not included in this annoyance even though I've never mastered the art of eating with them!)

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Eating food with plastic, or wooden, cutlery provided by fast food emporiums... Bendy, horrid snappy things and the wooden ones impart a nasty taste to the tongue 😝

(Chopsticks are not included in this annoyance even though I've never mastered the art of eating with them!)

On that note; those horrible cardboard drinking straws xx( I know they are better for the environment but I now can't stand to have one in my mouth, it's like fingers on a chalkboard or chewing on cotton wool

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
On that note; those horrible cardboard drinking straws xx( I know they are better for the environment but I now can't stand to have one in my mouth, it's like fingers on a chalkboard or chewing on cotton wool

Yes.. And it's almost impossible to poke them through the plastic film of a drinks carton without them ending up in a zig-zag, or with the squeezed carton squirting sticky juice everywhere!

Roundabouts with shrubbery planted deliberately by stupid road designers so it's not possible to see what is going to turn right across your bows.
Not so bad if you are in a car as you can accelerate quickly enough, but on a bike, or in a truck, it's downright dangerous.

I read somewhere, a long time ago, that they sometimes deliberately obstruct the view at roundabouts to force people to slow down a lot, or stop, rather than entering the roundabout at speed.
Of course, if they do that with something that grows then it will either work at the start and then get excessive - or not work at first and then eventually get to the intended size

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Even as a dog lover and previous owner, barking dogs annoy me. The modern trend seems to be to shove your dog/s out into the garden when you are doing stuff in the house, so they just stand there and bark, and bark, and bark! I would never have dreamt of doing that when I owned my dogs. The only time they occasionally barked was when someone was at the door.

We're in the season of Mercedes drivers on bicycles; people who take the bike out for a spin on Sunday afternoon and forget that a shared space cycle path isn't an Autobahn and people aren't obliged to jump out of the way when they ping at them. I had a near collision with one yesterday as he tried to pass pedestrians quite reasonably walking through a park, and the cyclist then turned on the pedestrians.

He was told firmly to shut up and go away, but then people go around thinking "all" cyclists do this when it's just the motorists on bicycles...

Last edited:
We're in the season of Mercedes drivers on bicycles; people who take the bike out for a spin on Sunday afternoon and forget that a shared space cycle path isn't an Autobahn and people aren't obliged to jump out of the way when they ping at them. I had a near collision with one yesterday as he tried to pass pedestrians quite reasonably walking through a park, and the cyclist then turned on the pedestrians.

He was told firmly to shut up and go away, but then people go around thinking "all" cyclists do this when it's just the motorists on bicycles...
Completely understand this. Drives me nuts.
But I drive a Mercedes...:whistle:

Top Bottom