Trivial things that make you annoyed beyond expectations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
People who say “That looks like hard work” when I’m out enjoying riding my bike.

Clearly most people have a dysfunctional relationship with exercise. Plus they must have a poorly calibrated index for what hard exercise really is.

I get this too.

I used to get more annoyed when I picked up my kids from kindergarten or school with the Bakfiets or Xtracycle, and people would say "My word, you've got it good haven't you?" to my children, while stuffing their own kids into the back of a car.

figbat

Slippery scientist
Not a problem at the moment but when I did work in an office I would often disappear from my desk to change into my cycling-home gear, then return to my desk to grab my stuff and get going. I’m in either MTB apparel or road Lycra, including helmet, SPD shoes etc.

Almost invariably: “you cycling home then?”.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
People who say “That looks like hard work” when I’m out enjoying riding my bike.

Clearly most people have a dysfunctional relationship with exercise. Plus they must have a poorly calibrated index for what hard exercise really is.
Indeed...! :okay:
I cycled down to Coventry to visit my family in summer 2007. I arrived just as my mum's carer was sorting out her evening medication ...

Carer: "Hi Colin - your mum said that you were coming for a visit. Have you just cycled up from the station?

ColinJ: "No, I've cycled down from home."

Carer: "Hebden Bridge?"

ColinJ: "Yes"

Carer: "Yorkshire!"

ColinJ: "Yes"

Carer: "How far is that!"

ColinJ: "About 140 miles."

She stared at me for a few seconds, then started laughing ...

Carer: "Yeah, right, you brought your bike down on the train didn't you!"

I took the GPS off my bike and showed her the trip distance reading ...

ColinJ: "227 km, that's, er, 141 miles!"

I told her that I knew people who had ridden 1,200 km on Paris-Brest-Paris and 1,400 km on London-Edinburgh-London. Compared to riders like them, I hadn't done anything special.

She looked absolutely stunned!

classic33

Leg End Member
And now they have stuff based on tread mills for running
and even stuff on a mat on the floor

but still called Peleton*

IF IT'S CALLED PELETON WHERE ARE THE BIKES FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honestly - it was bad enough before but now .....................................
It's Peloton!

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
It's Peloton!

Peleton is for e bikes

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
I will probably get slaughtered for this but I always think of it as someone who has a real horse they don't see much but a large rocking horse in their lounge to play on.

On glass recycling bins and children's playgrounds in Germany there are notices saying: "Please be considerate of your fellow citizens and only use these facilities between 0900-1200 and 1400-2000" or similar.

Which is fine as far as it goes: people need a bit of peace and quiet. So why can't we have the same signs on Autobahns and major roads when they go thorough residential areas?
what are those Germans up to between 12 and 2 which needs such peace? Some sort of national tantric thing?

And now they have stuff based on tread mills for running
and even stuff on a mat on the floor

but still called Peleton

IF IT'S CALLED PELETON WHERE ARE THE BIKES FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honestly - it was bad enough before but now .....................................
only a matter of time before they launch their sex campaign plugging an app and watch so that you can track your progress and pump the results to social media platforms.

Top Bottom