Trivial things that make you annoyed beyond expectations?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Children leaving coats , shoes , school bags, uniform, towels all over the floor. Procrastinating when it comes to homework assignments.
Taking enormous portions of food they can't possibly finish.What a waste: no, don't put it in the landfill bin, you've already filled that two feet higher than"peak lid" and it's leaking bin juice. Food waste bin? Nope, full too, even though I only emptied it last night.
FOR GOD'S SAKE WHY WOULD YOU CEREAL DETRITUS IN THE SINK AND NOT EVEN TRY TO RINSE IT DOWN THE PLUG HOLE?

Children.

I feel a 'FedEx moment' coming on... :whistle:
nice. it must be a challenging job. regardless, I recently had fedex deliver 2 car tires. instead of leaving them at my doorstep, path at end of parkign lot, or even our mailbox, I found them down a hill at a stop sign/intersection along the entrance rd to our condo complex. about 1,000 ft from my door. but my door was in sight, so maybe that's ok?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
nice. it must be a challenging job. regardless, I recently had fedex deliver 2 car tires. instead of leaving them at my doorstep, path at end of parkign lot, or even our mailbox, I found them down a hill at a stop sign/intersection along the entrance rd to our condo complex. about 1,000 ft from my door. but my door was in sight, so maybe that's ok?
It isn't a job that I would want! The pressure on them to cut corners and save time... Still, that lot looked like they had no respect whatsoever for what they were delivering.

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Entire width of a road being closed when they are only doing stuff on one side. They could quite easily have maintained pedestrian and cyclist access.
The road was closed, completely. Had a BIG argument when the guys digging up the road told me I couldn't walk or cycle through - apparently they'd been told one was supposed to use a 5 mile diversion to get to the other side of the roadworks, maybe 20 yards, in spite of notices having been received by all telling us access would be maintained for pedestrians and cyclists ..... later, after the County Highways Dept had sorted out the issue, I had an amicable chat with one of the workers who told me that THEY had never been informed that this was the case, and they were simply trying to do as they'd been instructed by those above. I had some sympathy for their predicament.

Of course it is, they are allowed to get really close if they can lob something breakable over a fence.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
People who go to Glastonbury.
There's an 85 year old bloke i know who goes there every year,when it's on...obviously. I don't mind that,but what gets me is that he wears a bandanna on his head.🧐 By that i mean he has one on every time i see him,not just at that hippy festival. I shudder to think what headgear he wears at that place in Somerset! Probably a jester hat with bells on,or something equally hideous!🧐

Last edited:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
My left nostril has been giving me gyp for the last hour. I have a tickling sensation in the thing,which usually indicates a small particle of food blockage. No matter how many times i put my finger over my right nostril and blow hard (I once blew a garden pea out...albeit a small one),it just will not stop.

Last edited:

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
My left nostril has been giving me gyp for the last hour. I have a tickling sensation in the thing,which usually indicates a small particle of food blockage. No matter how many times i put my finger over my right nostril and blow hard (I once blew a garden pea out...albeit a small one),it just will not stop.

Stop putting peas up your nose accy!

Nearly bald elderly chaps with wispy pony tails, earring on one ear, and looking confident. I suspect 99% of us of that generation moved along to keep up with the times.

Dunno if this has been done before but

Road signs saying "Cyclists Dismount" - normally on a cycle path
errr - OK - why??
especially when there is a road that we are entitled to use - why not just say end of cycle path?
and - most importantly - I have never seen a sign saying "Cyclists Remount"
so what is it saying - "When a person on a bicycle reaches this point they must dismount - and then never ride a bike ever again"???

I have never seen one of these signs that makes much sense
In one case a better sign would have been
Warning - narrowed path - cyclist slow down and give way to walkers
or something

Top Bottom