Trivial things that please you beyond all expectations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
I need to give a little background for this to make sense...
My wife loves that Irish crooner Daniel O'Donnel. Maybe 30 years ago he appeared on GMTV or similar , sang his song...as i watched :huh:...his jacket was buttoned up wrong:biggrin:
Naturally I ribbed my wife mercilessly :rofl:

So, every 5 or10 years something happens and it gives me a chance to unexpectedly remind her.
TTonight we're watching the news and she said..
'look at the state of Boris's jacket' :tongue:
I instantly retorted...
'Yeah....but at least he can button it up properly :laugh:' and dissolved into guffaws.

My wife, not unnaturally, was instantly peeved,she knew exactly what I was talking about and cast me a death stare :gun:

'Aw com'on, 30 years I've been having fun with that, I haven't finished yet :biggrin:'

newfhouse

Resolutely on topic
The now corrected misspelling has been a mild annoyance for weeks.
D61D6B28-F389-4F30-AB37-F79BE1822606.jpeg

I’m still a bit edgy about the space before the full stop.

While out walking this aft' I had a grumble about dropped litter swirling round in the wind, then spotted this was swirling with that litter!! ^_^

View attachment 634440
Many years ago we were sitting outside having a snack. We were opposite a pub and a group of dodgy looking blokes went into the pub carrying 3 or 4 black bin bags
A few minutes later they came ou - also carrying black bin bags - as soon as they were out they all ran towards a car parked near us
half way across the road a man ran out of the pub afte rthem and shouting
One of them stumbled, grabbed at anotehr bloke and the 2 bin bags ripped and 'litter' blew all over the road
They all stopped yelling and started grabbing at the 'litter'

After a minute of so the first lot legged it into the car and sped off with a screaming or tyres - the other bloke picked up as much as he could but the wind was by now blowing it all over the place

We had a baby with us so didn;t want to get involved in anything that might get violent - butr after they were all gone I went and picked up over £400 in £10 poind notes from the gutter and a hedge!!!

that was handy!!!!

One of our clients (60 years old) has got a job, and she's finding nice things from the shop to wear...

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
While sat in my kitchen picking crumbs and stuff up off the floor with my crabs claws/pincer type 'picker upper' thingy as I post, it's taken me back to those seaside arcade things where you put 10p in to try and grab a soft toy and such things. I laughed when I thought of the packets of ten cigarettes they also had in there. Imagine ciggies being a 'prize' these days.;)

Last edited:
Getting a return journey booked on the ferry at the times I wanted and on the day I wanted. Nowadays this is very rare due to tourists booking everything months in advance.

I'm astonished there isn't a set number of spaces for locals. Actually, I'm even more astonished that tourists can take their cars onto a small island with very limited capacity in the infrastructure.

Top Bottom