Trouble with rear gears

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
gazza81

gazza81

Über Member
Ok great i didnt so thats good, i was going to remove and add some but wont bother.

Well ive just had a go with the alignment tool but screwing it in the thread is really bad on the hanger and it only went tight once right in, only a couple threads left on hanger so im going to order a new hanger now!

Do i need to find one EXACTLY the same as this as flicking online and cant seem to see one that looks identical

C R

Guru
Ok great i didnt so thats good, i was going to remove and add some but wont bother.

Well ive just had a go with the alignment tool but screwing it in the thread is really bad on the hanger and it only went tight once right in, only a couple threads left on hanger so im going to order a new hanger now!
View attachment 500502

Do i need to find one EXACTLY the same as this as flicking online and cant seem to see one that looks identical
You should be able to find one looking for a hanger for your bike model.

OP
OP
gazza81

gazza81

Über Member
Right, hanger turned up today, used tool to straighten but STILL doing exact same thing!
I have to screw tension screw cable for it to go up through the gears which it does then it comes down and stops at the second smallest ring, i then have to unwind the tension screw for it to go into the two smallest!!

Getting pretty f'd off with it now

Last edited:
OP
OP
gazza81

gazza81

Über Member
I can get it going up and down nicely untill the smallest cog now, thats the same problem the guy i bought it off had

It comes down to the third smallest then i have to click twice for it to go into second smallest but wont go into smallest

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I can get it going up and down nicely untill the smallest cog now, thats the same problem the guy i bought it off had

It comes down to the third smallest then i have to click twice for it to go into second smallest but wont go into smallest
Did you fit a new section of outer where it leaves the frame and enters the derailleur, that tightly curved part is notorious for causing this problem.

OP
OP
gazza81

gazza81

Über Member
Yeah, replaced all the outers.

The only thing there is where ive been playing withi ot so much the tappered end of the outer, a little rubber tube like bit has come off but it was doing this problem before anyway

Last edited:

Ajax Bay

Guru
Last edited:

C R

Guru
I'm no expert on 105, but I think it has been mentioned before, the angle of the cable exiting towards the clamp doesn't look right I'm the first photo.

Top Bottom