Trouble with rear gears

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Basically, it's the mech. You've changed everything else.

OP
OP
gazza81

gazza81

Über Member
I just looked at what mech it is so i can get some prices, its a RD5800 is showing online as 11 speed!
Could that cause a problem if everything else is 10 speed?

Heigue'r

Veteran
Your shift will be out after 4 clicks,matches original posters problem with adjusting barrell halfway down the cassette..after 9 shifts,will be out by a whole cog..matches original posters problem with having to use 2 clicks to get it to shift to the lower gear further down cassette

OP
OP
gazza81

gazza81

Über Member
Doesn't seem like theres many 5700 medium cage around anymore.

Theres a 5701 on ebay medium cage?

Or I might get tiagra one?

Last edited:
OP
OP
gazza81

gazza81

Über Member
Speculation:

Bike was crashed breaking derailleur and bending hanger. Derailleur replaced, bent hanger left in place.
He had it up for £250 i offered him 150 he said no, few months later was still up for sale offered him 150 again and he took it.
I still think its decent for 150 but would have been nice of him to mention it needed a rear mech!
I probably still would have bought it as you cant get much for that price anyway!

It didnt have pedals on so i couldn't ride it when i picked it up just took his word it was all good!

Bike shop has a 5701 in stock so im going to get that today and hopefully will be the end of the problems!

Top Bottom