Tubeless back to tubes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maherees

Über Member
Hello all,
Just had my 7th puncture on my gravel bike, which are shod with Schwalbe G- ones, I have had enough as I’ve never had this many in such a short space of time. My plan is to buy some Panracer gravel tyres but with some inner tubes. However, living in a flat Will there be an awful mess when I strip the old tyres off. They were fitted by a local cycle shop who are fully booked. Any other gotchas to be aware off?
Thanks.

Last edited:
Will there be an awful mess when I strip the old tyres off.
Nope. Just a load of milk to dispose of. Tip - use your insertion syringe to suck it up out of the tyre; saves a lot of mess that way.
Just done the same thing. There will be some dried milk round the trye beads, but you can leave it on, or spend an eternity peeling it off. It won't affect having tubes in.

CXRAndy

Guru
Shame really, I love my G Ones 40mm. Ive used them for years from trails to 100 mile sportives. Tubeless do puncture, but with correct amount of sealant will seal.

I also use the Pro Ones and have on a couple of occasions saved me from crashing, by slowly deflating whilst riding at 40 mph down a mountain pass. I found a big cut in the tyre, so tyre was scrapped

Top Bottom