Turbo Club - Meet Ups / Events

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
My weakness is sweet things and portion size. If I can sort those two out, and add a bit extra to each session, I should lose weight. Whether that can be 15 kg I've no idea though, but there is an added incentive so let's see :tongue:
Get your portion sizes correct and the weight will fall off if you carry on cycling as much as you have been. I have a portion control issue. Not so much size as amount of portions I want, too many for those wondering :whistle::mrpig:.

Also make your target attainable. Go for 75kg in the short term with a view to dropping a few more long term. Don't yoyo.

I may soon have time to actually spend time IRL riding more often. I just have to make up my mind about some option I've been given :unsure:.

LBHIFI

Veteran
My weakness is sweet things and portion size. If I can sort those two out, and add a bit extra to each session, I should lose weight. Whether that can be 15 kg I've no idea though, but there is an added incentive so let's see :tongue:
Well,I can tell you this: when I do my 100 Km a day commutes, the only problem with portion sizes is that it doesn't fit on one plate^_^

bobinski

Legendary Member
I thought I heard the sound of your brain logging that for later :blush:

^_^
If it’s any consolation I have cooked a barbecue, eaten masses including half a tub of ice cream and drunk a whole bottle of Riesling. Now, if only I had a fondat fancy^_^
Good ride today but I definitely felt the urge to go further and/or faster. I think Imight be a little excited

kipster

Guru
Well done all! Sounds like you had good weather which is great news.

Bad luck whorty, real shame to go out like that mate.

Looking forward to some more write ups. I was hoping for more detail of suffering!

Too soon to talk about next year? :smile:

To be fair, not a lot of suffering with me, Adam or Bill, the last climb (4 miles at a few perxent) was tough. The heat was hard as was the staircase, but other than that we all felt great at the end.

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
^_^
If it’s any consolation I have cooked a barbecue, eaten masses including half a tub of ice cream and drunk a whole bottle of Riesling. Now, if only I had a fondat fancy^_^
Good ride today but I definitely felt the urge to go further and/or faster. I think Imight be a little excited

I was quite happy just pootling along to be honest. I was nursing a tight hamstring for the first portion of the ride. And when that loosened I kind of decided there was no need to make it angry again.

Controlled aggression my friend. Don’t punch yourself out on your way to the ring!

bobinski

Legendary Member
I was quite happy just pootling along to be honest. I was nursing a tight hamstring for the first portion of the ride. And when that loosened I kind of decided there was no need to make it angry again.

Controlled aggression my friend. Don’t punch yourself out on your way to the ring!

Pootling? Yeah:tongue:

CXRAndy

Guru
I've started packing :hyper:[/QUOTE

Domestic, what have you done wrong :tongue:

Packing Tuesday/Wednesday

rob01792

Über Member
Great job for all those finishing.

Bad luck @Whorty . Mechanicals are crap but sounds like you made the right call.

I checked up earlier today and realised I've ridden the Devil's Elbow twice before when I've done the Dragon Ride. Used to really enjoy the Dragon Ride.

How does the DD compare to the Dragon Ride (don't know if anyone has ridden both) and how does the Devils's Staircase compare to the Devil's Elbow?

I can get up the elbow ive never got up the staircase its alot tougher the dragon ride is tough never done the ride but ive cycled most of it i would say the dd is little bit tougher

CXRAndy

Guru
I can get up the elbow ive never got up the staircase its alot tougher the dragon ride is tough never done the ride but ive cycled most of it i would say the dd is little bit tougher

I can't remember which is which,. The one you approach from along the valley road, that was easier than the one which has a long drag then a switch back. The second ce after 80+ miles

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Also try fasted riding takes a while for your body to adjust but well worth it, I try and do it as often as I can and see better results from it
I almost always ride fasted (have lunch at noon, ride in the evening around 6 o'clock so a good 5-6 hours from feed to ride. It's definitely sweet things and portion size that's my problem. If I can control both I'll have a chance. If not, then I'm buggered

OP
OP
<Tommy>

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I've started packing :hyper:

Phew, not just me then

D8CF6A80-CB17-4839-9176-0DF6CA310AEF.jpeg

:hyper:

Top Bottom