Two panniers or four

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
um .... am I being thick??:huh: don't understand the record connection?!

Sorry, it is a joke.

When a thread comes to the end of it's contributions and natural life it simply sits in the annalsuntil someone finds it of interest again and posts, resurrecting the thread.

This thread was last posted in 2007, which is very unusual hence the comment:

Holy thread resurrection Batman.
At near 6 years old......
is this a record?

Meaning a record as in achievement or the thread that is the oldest one ever brought back to life

The rest is just banter and a play on the word record

CafGriff

Oh !! I guess it even beat... Brian Adams's ' Riobin Hood' theme then ;)

so was it two panniers or what.:becool:

So long as the panniers are in pairs then it is irrelevant

It is only the acolytes of that perversion known as a "single pannier" that should be castigated.

It is an unnatural state for a bicycle.

jags

Guru
old thread i know but my choice would be rear only and barbag.
this idea that four panniers balances the bike is rubbish i dont go for that at all. done both and by far the rear is way better.not trying to start a war honest ,but imho the front panniers distroys the feel of the bike up front. you dont need them unless your going on a adventure tour across africa or some desert region where you need to carry more water food.:boxing:

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll

It is only the acolytes of that perversion known as a "single pannier" that should be castigated.

although I have four panniers.... i get most use out of just one. :shy: sorry.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member

I am a Thurifer on the High Sundays, and take exception to any association with single pannier cycling. And, I think I speak for the acolytes in this as well.

CafGriff

Um ... I'm still toying with the idea of 4 panniers.
I'm not looking to pack the things to their capasities but I thought of spreading the load over ALL of the bike appeals to me.
Food is the other issue, I want to be self sufficant at least for a number of mornings on between stop over points, be they camp site / B&B's or pubs. I plan on experiementing through out the winter, starting from - over the weekend camping in the garden, then over the next couple of months branching out to friends gardens, camp sites, Moors - yes! I'm considering venturing IN TO CORNWALL !!:cry:. at the mo, i just want to enjoy / experience / experiment all of this new 'cycling - camping milarie.
The jury is defo still out as to how many or which equipment to actually get.
I did however JUST purchase a Vango Banshee 200 tent today ....
An 'OHIO' tri-stool ... and a new dog treat bag for the Springador Alice today.
I raced home this morning and with Alices' help I erected the tent - within .... - oh! um ... 2 hrs!!! :wacko:
I promise to work on that. Thank God the weather was very sunny, no breeze nor :rain: ... but scorchio!!:rofl:
I'm still living it People!!

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Unlike jags my Dawes horizon feels like it was made for 4 panniers. Two on the back can make it a bit twitchy, but four panniers just feels remarkably comfortable and the bike livens up a bit if anything.

Whatever you do, make sure that everything is wrapped up in waterproof bags (this doesn't have to be the panniers, carrier/food bags will do). I've been caught out before when rain came over the top of the mountains on Skye so quickly that my non-waterproof panniers were soaked before I had chance to stop and put the covers over.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
My current rear panniers (pictured in my avatar) are these from Edinburgh Bicycle Coop. They are not part of a sale at the moment so a bit more expensive than they sometimes are, but they are good, big panniers. :smile:

Top Bottom