Unwanted bikes . . . .

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robgul

Legendary Member
A bit of a long-shot given the diverse locations of Forum members . . .

I volunteer at a charity bike shop run by Cyclists Fighting Cancer, at Alderminster near Stratford-upon-Avon - pottering about in the workshop fixing donated bikes, building up new ones and serving in the shop.

The shop takes in donated bikes (of all sorts provided they're not too rusty and far gone) as well as end of line bikes and retailer returns - together with accessories, clothing etc from well-known cycle retailers. All the money raised goes to the charity. Donations are amazing - just this week we've had in a brand new Pashley roadster and a couple of nearly-new road bikes - and there's always a good selection of children's bikes in almost new condition.

The CFC charity uses funds raised (from events, the shop and other sources) to provide new bikes, many are specially adapted, for children all over the country with various forms of cancer to enhance their quality of life and stimulate development and recovery.

Worth dropping in if you're passing - prices are realistic . . . or if you have any unwanted bikes we can turn them into money for a great cause.

Rob

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I did not know about you guys. I cycle past fairly often so will make sure to pop in. In a few months I will have a god kids bike to bring in for you.

OP
OP
robgul

robgul

Legendary Member
I did not know about you guys. I cycle past fairly often so will make sure to pop in. In a few months I will have a god kids bike to bring in for you.

Thanks ... make it a Tuesday and I'm usually there!

The charity has been established for some years but the shop has only been open for about 10 weeks - it's already got a name for itself and sold loads of bikes - stock at the moment moves pretty quickly with usually 40 - 50 at any one time. (Every second person that I see that knows me asks if I knew there was a new cycle shop in Alderminster!)

Rob

Top Bottom