Update on NV55PVL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Cycling Dan

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
Seems the officer at hand does not share the same opinion. I doubt this was representative of the polices view as i talk to the police when i see them on the street alot as i enjoy talking to them. They seem to think the camera idea is good. Where i draw the line is.... i dont go looking for these people, im enjoying the ride... its not my fault they find me and i happen to have a camera.

Where's the original reference to her gone?
I read it earlier, thought that's who may have been meant, you had it confirmed but by that time I'd forgotten what the original quote said so I had a look at for it and can't seem to find it. Thanks for listening :wacko:

I saw it and found it slightly grim. It may still be there (a page or so back) but there has been a pattern of wiping and revisionism lately from some elements of the Angry-Rant Film & Report Mob. Not that I'd put Bicycle Dan under that heading. No way. Seems a lovely chap.

The young chappie from Wales who sounds Welsh but despises the Welsh (and the poor) has seen the light and removed much of his Shoutathonic, Pious-Lawbringer, Self-appointed Judge Judy & Executioner stuff from Youtube. It was time for the light of reason to be seen there... But it took an avuncular word from a (Welsh) policeman to get action.

This chap (Bicycle Dan) had to backpedal on a Youtube piece that he'd titled as47mph in a 30 when asked about it by the (Horrid) Police. Turns out it was nearer 30mph but he... :sad:... wanted to attract viewers.

So revisionism is all the rage.

This angry teenage stuff is lots of fun and I dare say we'd all have been self-righteous camera vigilantes at their age had the technology existed.... But I do feel for the more adult and restrained end of the helmetcam spectrum who may rightly feel that the webscream barmies are queering the pitch just a little.

I hope I have helped.... I fear I have not.

I have to put a new chain on my fixie this evening... so I apologise if that task has made me sound in any way grumpy or judgemental.

OP
OP
Cycling Dan

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
"This chap (Bicycle Dan) had to backpedal on a Youtube piece that he'd titled as47mph in a 30 when asked about it by the (Horrid) Police. Turns out it was nearer 30mph but he... :sad:... wanted to attract viewers."

i changed it becuase of the fact the officer took the video at face value then chucked a load of charges at me like cycling furiously of which he could charge me with. Willing to pursue this but not being on phone, hypocritical i think (I place the charge in the same area but with a car on the phone i rate it higher but on the same level). However the fact was, it was a poly for YouTube to attract viewers to that particular video. I changed the title and information due to the fact if the police took it at face value who else would then use this exaggerated video to dismiss me.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
And by Dan creating a storm in a teacup.

Storm in a teacup? Driving whilst using a phone is not minor - it's dangerous. We should be reporting these, and I say well done Dan for doing so.

Seems like a lot of people on this thread would prefer that the driver injured someone before action was taken.

OP
OP
Cycling Dan

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
This is getting tiring and i know im tried of the same thing being said over and over just in a different way. We all have crystal cut opinions on reporting and phone use which are not going to be changed in this post.
Is it possible for a Admin to lock this post?

davefb

Guru
"This chap (Bicycle Dan) had to backpedal on a Youtube piece that he'd titled as47mph in a 30 when asked about it by the (Horrid) Police. Turns out it was nearer 30mph but he... :sad:... wanted to attract viewers."

i changed it becuase of the fact the officer took the video at face value then chucked a load of charges at me like cycling furiously of which he could charge me with. Willing to pursue this but not being on phone, hypocritical i think (I place the charge in the same area but with a car on the phone i rate it higher but on the same level). However the fact was, it was a poly for YouTube to attract viewers to that particular video. I changed the title and information due to the fact if the police took it at face value who else would then use this exaggerated video to dismiss me.
are you sure this was a policeman?

"furious cycling" , isn't that a myth ? he'd have to prove not only the speed , but you have to injure someone?

do police just hand out random fines? starts to sound like a not the nine o clock news sketch..

Dan, I think you're lovely but I have no idea what the above is about.

Prepositions are delicate things, not shotgun pellets. Blasting a fistful of them at a phrase can do more damage than good.

I've read this post of yours a few times and am no nearer to understanding whether you're angry, relieved, overjoyed or depressed.

And whichever of those you may or may not be, I have no idea what the cause of that feeling might be.

I really do think you're lovely, but you'd seem even lovelier if you made a tiny, weeny spark of sense.

I hope I have helped where the Police were unable to.

OP
OP
Cycling Dan

Cycling Dan

Cycle Crazy
are you sure this was a policeman?

"furious cycling" , isn't that a myth ? he'd have to prove not only the speed , but you have to injure someone?

do police just hand out random fines? starts to sound like a not the nine o clock news sketch..
Cycling furiously is a thing..... however the post above lines with the scare tactic. It was an explanation to why i changed the video.

http://www.astounding.org.uk/ian/cyclelaw/speed_limits.html

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
I saw it and found it slightly grim. It may still be there (a page or so back) but there has been a pattern of wiping and revisionism lately from some elements of the Angry-Rant Film & Report Mob. Not that I'd put Bicycle Dan under that heading. No way. Seems a lovely chap.

The young chappie from Wales who sounds Welsh but despises the Welsh (and the poor) has seen the light and removed much of his Shoutathonic, Pious-Lawbringer, Self-appointed Judge Judy & Executioner stuff from Youtube. It was time for the light of reason to be seen there... But it took an avuncular word from a (Welsh) policeman to get action.

This chap (Bicycle Dan) had to backpedal on a Youtube piece that he'd titled as47mph in a 30 when asked about it by the (Horrid) Police. Turns out it was nearer 30mph but he... :sad:... wanted to attract viewers.

So revisionism is all the rage.

This angry teenage stuff is lots of fun and I dare say we'd all have been self-righteous camera vigilantes at their age had the technology existed.... But I do feel for the more adult and restrained end of the helmetcam spectrum who may rightly feel that the webscream barmies are queering the pitch just a little.

I hope I have helped.... I fear I have not.

I have to put a new chain on my fixie this evening... so I apologise if that task has made me sound in any way grumpy or judgemental.
I'm guessing it's been deleted then, oh well, thanks to my aging and befuddled mind I now have no idea whether I should be offended or not, perhaps I should be offended that a teenager has decided that I may be offended, or maybe I should be grateful.
Either way it's been an interesting few days in the CC universe I've learnt so much about the law, geography, history, politics and even the importance of social standing all thanks to a couple of young men with cameras, they're like Kevin Carter and Georges Melies, thanks fellas :thumbsup:.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom