[UPDATE] Smokeysmoo down (not bike but work injury!)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Gawd those injuries look horrific, Smokey. Nothing short of plastic surgery will sort that out...... ;)

Glad you're OK
You should see the photo after he hurt himself :tongue:

OP
OP
smokeysmoo

smokeysmoo

Legendary Member
Sorry to hear this smokeysmoo, GWS. Were you x-rayed? It sounds like you might have a cracked rib or two, or perhaps it's that injury where the ribs separate from the cartilage at the sternum, which has a name I've forgotten - anyway it's extremely painful and nothing can be done about it except wait for it to get better. DAHIKT.
No xrays, just a bloody good poking, (ooer!).

The injury is just below the ribs so it could well be that seperation thingy :sad:

Jeez, that sounds like you were very lucky! Speedy recovery dude.

OP
OP
smokeysmoo

smokeysmoo

Legendary Member
UPDATE - 5 days on and things are much brighter. Black eyes are settling down nicely and as of yesterday moving about began to improve considerably also.

I'd describe the feeling now when I get up off the couch and/or out of bed, (stupid low down Ikea bed!), as uncomfortable rather than damn right bloody painful, so that's progress.

I'm just scared to start reducing the Co-codamol in case it's that alone that's making things feel better, but I don't want to take them for a day longer than need be either. Think I'll give it to the end of this week and then have a switch to Paracetamol and see how it goes.

Thanks again for the GWS's, CC truly is a great place :hugs:

John the Canuck

..a long way from somewhere called Home..
UPDATE.........................
I'm just scared to start reducing the Co-codamol in case it's that alone that's making things feel better, ................

if you have taken cocod for more than a week... a side effect may be constipation - don't ask..!
drink LOTSA water ..and in case of problems get ''Lactulose''

GWS...........................john
PS............after Lactulose - dont sneeze.......................................:whistle:

OP
OP
smokeysmoo

smokeysmoo

Legendary Member
if you have taken cocod for more than a week... a side effect may be constipation - don't ask..!
Only been taking them since Monday, so if I can knock them on the head after Friday that'll only be 5 days, and if yesterday is anything to go by constipation is certainly not on the cards at the moment - don't ask...!
diarrhea.gif

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Good news on the pain front, not so on the other I guess, tho maybe not, with bashed ribs and bruised innards thrutching on the bog is the last thing you need.

incidentally as per my cocodamol confessional, that was the effect it had on me.

Top Bottom