Urinating in public yes/no ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
Hey, you've got me thinking now! Many years, even decades ago when I did agency work in factories I'd skive in the bogs for hours on end. I'd hear the foreman, or team leader as they call them now, shouting my name wondering where the feck I was.:secret: I'd lock myself in a cubicle and read a book or a newspaper, sometimes for an hour at a time. Looking back, I hope no one who knew I was skiving thought I was really hanging out in the bogs, looking for a knee trembler!!:ohmy: :unsure: 🧐

Wasting time on the job like that is a time honoured tradition, it's what made Britain great. 🤣

tyred

Legendary Member
Hey, you've got me thinking now! Many years, even decades ago when I did agency work in factories I'd skive in the bogs for hours on end. I'd hear the foreman, or team leader as they call them now, shouting my name wondering where the feck I was.:secret: I'd lock myself in a cubicle and read a book or a newspaper, sometimes for an hour at a time. Looking back, I hope no one who knew I was skiving thought I was really hanging out in the bogs, looking for a knee trembler!!:ohmy: :unsure: 🧐

A friend of mine once fell asleep in a toilet cubicle whilst working on nightshift. He woke up, walked back to the production area and realised the day shift were now in, it was bright outside and he knew nobody and wasn't supposed to be there. :laugh:

He made up some excuse to the supervisor about leaving his wallet behind him when he was in on the night shift and he'd come in to pick it up!

raleighnut

Legendary Member

Overtime on a Saturday morning after a night on the lash and a Curry/Kebab was often known as 'Time and a Third' but needs to be said with a fake Irish accent to be effective.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I went to see an acquaintance of mine yesterday evening. He lives in a house you can only get to by walking up a narrow cobbled alley. As I walked past another house adjoined to that alley, the door opened and a bloke appeared and said to me quote.. "You've not come for a piss have you"?! Thinking he might be some kind of weirdo who likes being peed on or summat, I played it calmly,:unsure: replying "Oh I'm ok thanks, I had one just a short while ago". "So if you're not here for a piss, what are you here for" he replied. I stood there kind of mesmerised that someone would be so nosy, bordering on intimidating. I then told him I was here to get to someone's house. When I mentioned who I was here to see he backed off, saying "Oh, that's ok, I thought you might be one of those who leaves the pub down the road and comes up here for a piss". He then told me that he saw me on his CCTV and watches it almost constantly for folk peeing in that alley. He even told me that he saw some that same day, but couldn't get out in time to confront them, so he went into the pub to confront them. That's/he's a bit obsessive wouldn't you say? 🤔 :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I went to see an acquaintance of mine yesterday evening. He lives in a house you can only get to by walking up a narrow cobbled alley. As I walked past another house adjoined to that alley, the door opened and a bloke appeared and said to me quote.. "You've not come for a piss have you"?! Thinking he might be some kind of weirdo who likes being peed on or summat, I played it calmly,:unsure: replying "Oh I'm ok thanks, I had one just a short while ago". "So if you're not here for a piss, what are you here for" he replied. I stood there kind of mesmerised that someone would be so nosy, bordering on intimidating. I then told him I was here to get to someone's house. When I mentioned who I was here to see he backed off, saying "Oh, that's ok, I thought you might be one of those who leaves the pub down the road and comes up here for a piss". He then told me that he saw me on his CCTV and watches it almost constantly for folk peeing in that alley. He even told me that he saw some that same day, but couldn't get out in time to confront them, so he went into the pub to confront them. That's/he's a bit obsessive wouldn't you say? 🤔 :rolleyes:

I can see his point - wouldn;t want to keep coming out of my front door to be assailed by the smell of stale piss every day.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I can see his point - wouldn;t want to keep coming out of my front door to be assailed by the smell of stale piss every day.

Yes, but constantly confronting possibly drunk pub goers means the odds of getting a :B) are raised significantly. Maybe he could get an intercom system fitted, where he could bark out stuff from the safety of his lookout tower, like "Hey you! I can see you p@ssi@g and it's being recorded for possible prosecution"! 🤔

Last edited:
Wasting time on the job like that is a time honoured tradition, it's what made Britain great. 🤣

As a 16 yo with a summer job at British Aerospace plc as it was known then I learnt that time honoured tradition well. I was too young to get a proper job like the uni grads there so I was put with the old fellas working as a progress clerk. This involved walking around with paperwork, typing them into the computer system using an ancient push button phone with various code sequences to allow parts to be tracked through manufacturing. But mostly we were walking around with paperwork and a box on a little truck

I was put with one old guy who was an absolute legend of the time honoured skiving job function. It was even rumoured that he was known to take a box and paperwork for a walk through the woods at the far end of the aerodrome! How he got away with that nobody knows. They did have security afterall! Oh! That's the answer, British security! I never had to show any ID to get anywhere on site. I could come and go by any gate without so much as a look from security.

However, the most useful skive was the bogs. Solid, brick built, big and roomy each one. Actually quite clean and comfortable. They all had a small pipe running along the side wall about elbow height with a gap behind just big enough to hold a newspaper or magazine securely. That led to certain newspapers appearing every day in certain cubicles. Trap 1 mirror, 2 sun, 3 guardian, 4 telegraph, etc. Basically you just went to the ones that interest you.

The guy i worked with had his routine. Start work, get brew and sit in his cubicle on the shop floor reading his mail. One hour in he moves a few parts and shuffles a few papers until brew time. Then after brew he'd drop his mail off in trap 5 or 6 then move to another to read some other paper. I'd then not see him until just before lunch. Cue a few more bits of work then lunch.

After lunch he'd take a part on a trolley round to another shed, via all the other sheds at that end of the site. Calling at his mates along the way. I'd be pushing or pulling the trolley.

Then it's that sleepy afternoon time. If the weather was nice he'd either walk to the other end of site or take the site bus. Doesn't matter which, if the first one to arrive went the wrong way he'd sit on it until it came back and went the right way.

The whole visit the other end of the site thing was to copy some paperwork at the print office. This had a few "young" ladies in their 50s that he liked to chat up while the superfamily copier did 500 copies in seconds. He'd be chatting them up and ogling the management lassies (his phrase not mine) who were young graduates in their first proper jobs, mostly female and we'll dressed.

We'd then head back for another cup of coffee, which he was able to get for free from the machine through a dodge with a special payment card he had.

Then at 5pm I think he'd go home and mostly I'd get a nice wedge of time and half overtime to get the jobs done we should have done during the day. Wasn't complaining. I got a very nice bike out of it!

Anyway, he was the master of skiving and I learnt a lot that summer about being workshy. Not that I was just I know a few tricks of needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom