Use the cycle path!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

r04DiE

300km a week through London on a road bike.
Im not bitching here. I was just asking why so many dont.. for example the pic below is the A591 coming out of Windermere. The cycle path is just to the right. The road is national speed limit with a lot of blind bends.
You're not answering any of my questions either.

U

User482

Im not bitching here. I was just asking why so many dont.. for example the pic below is the A591 coming out of Windermere. The cycle path is just to the right. The road is national speed limit with a lot of blind bends.

View attachment 146376
Rickshaw Phil has already explained why.

briantrumpet

Legendary Member
And that shared-use path goes on for how long? And after that you just have to rejoin the main carriageway, I assume.

r04DiE

300km a week through London on a road bike.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Rickshaw Phil has already explained why.
To be fair, the pictured road is a different one to that in the OP. I would use the path on that one which does link to sensible places although it would be nice if it could be a little wider and smoother (there is space to do that) and if the road crossing at Ings was better.

Chris1983

Social media.....

Seriously, that is the biggest reason for me not to use shared paths. on a flat terrain I can hold a steady 20 to 25mph.

It is not safe to cycle at this speed with Facebook blinded wombles that spend all day staring at their smart phone, oblivious of all their suroundings and wandering all over the place.

sharing the same space with such folk would result in a painful crash. Therfore I would rather take my chances with the cars and trucks ;-)

S-Express

Im not bitching here. I was just asking why so many dont..

It's quite obvious that you were not doing that. Your thread title is imperative, not inquisitive. Add the exclamation marks afterwards (as you did) and you sound like just another ignorant 'motorist'.

vickster

Legendary Member
I give up :wacko::surrender::thumbsdown:
Probably best...

miscellaneous-worms-can-tin-opening_a_can_of_worms-opening-jfa2492_low.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom