Using someone else's inhaler

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Wasn't Henry VIII killed by a surfeit of lampras?

Think that was Henry I. He was very "eel".

Sandra6

Veteran
A ventolin or salbutomol inhaler - the blue one - works by opening the passages so that you can breathe more easily.
Many breathing difficulties can be treated in this way, not just asthma.
It is also possible to develop asthma-like symptoms when you have a cold, chesty cough, have been exposed to an irritant like dust or pollen, when you have exerted yourself or occasionally when you are under stress. I developed asthma during my fifth pregnancy, it occasionally resurfaces when I'm run down, I am not an asthmatic but I do use a blue inhaler when I feel the need. If I've run out and don't want to wait a month to see the doctor for a prescription I use my husband's.
It is a relatively safe thing to do, but I wouldn't do it just for kicks, and if your symptoms persist and you are using a non-prescribed inhaler regularly, then you need to see a doctor as you could be masking symptoms of a more serious condition.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Geshundheit!

Actually, a pretty good guess. I was gonna go for Lampremeridazol.

I think that is prescribed for MAMIL syndrome.

vickster

Legendary Member
You can buy salbutamol without a prescription you know .
Presumably it's POM and not OTC though, thus would be discussed with a pharmacist prior to purchase

Accy really should consult the GP and get checked If not a one off

Salbutamol is like lots of other medicines that were once available only on prescription and are now OTC, like antihistamines, cortisone creams, acyclovir etc. It's a reasonably safe product with a long history of use.

I would definitely suggest trying it for the symptoms described and if you don't feel comfortable using someone else's prescribed medicine , walk into a pharmacy and get your own. Or visit your gp for a script if you are eligible for free prescriptions.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
I would definitely suggest trying it for the symptoms described and if you don't feel comfortable using someone else's prescribed medicine , walk into a pharmacy and get your own. Or visit your gp for a script if you are eligible for free prescriptions.

:ohmy:

Julia9054

Guru
Salbutamol is like lots of other medicines that were once available only on prescription and are now OTC, like antihistamines, cortisone creams, acyclovir etc. It's a reasonably safe product with a long history of use.
I did not know this. Is it cheaper than a prescription charge?

Top Bottom