Using someone else's inhaler

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
You have to have been previously prescribed it by a doctor, or go online and satisfy an online doctor that you should be prescribed it.
You can't just walk into boots, asda etc and buy it.
When my son was in dire need and the doctors had closed for xmas I had to jump through several hoops to get a pharmacist to give it him. We were only given it in the end from a chemist where they had a record of him having picked up a prescription previously.

User is aware of all that, you're preaching to the converted. The one that needs to understand this stuff is spouting off elsewhere in the thread.

It's not unknown for patients to walk around weekend pharmacies whilst the surgeries are closed and try and pick up 2 or 3 salbutamol inhalers before Monday morning. The law and guidance on emergency supplies are incredibly clear. Often unfortunately up until now the pharmacist has no choice. It is not surprising that when I went to summary care record training that salbutamol inhaler emergency supply was one of the examples. In theory if you give a pharmacist or technician permission to view your SCR this is an extra tool available to the pharmacy to give more information that may help in emergency supply situations.

It's just a different perspective that pharmacies have to patients. They see doctor's withdrawing medicine, changing doses, refusing to prescribe repeat requests etc.

lutonloony

Über Member
How come we didn't get to have a poll? Or did I nod off and miss it. Why are we giving acid to ants

Top Bottom