Van trying to swerve into a cyclist...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BSRU

A Human Being
That's good to hear something has been done about a seriously angry man in a van.

I'd view a slap as you would a horn... use in an emergency to let someone know you are there, and not to use it in aggression.

If I was in a car and some tit slapped my car im sure I would get the hump as well...It's not the same as blasting the horn.

Nice one Number 14.

OP
OP
D

DrSquirrel

If I was in a car and some tit slapped my car im sure I would get the hump as well...It's not the same as blasting the horn.

Nice one Number 14.

The only thing different is your view. Also you're most likely too close to your fictional cyclist.

I said how I view it (when used properly).

OP
OP
D

DrSquirrel

You say its not the same - although I say it was my view on it, so you saying its not the same doesn't change what I said.

If you have a cyclist slap your car, you are most likely too close.

You say its not the same - although I say it was my view on it, so you saying its not the same doesn't change what I said.

If you have a cyclist slap your car, you are most likely too close.

It isn't the same though...it's a more aggressive act than blowing the horn...It's almost assault...It's certainly touching someone else's property without permission and I have never done it.

I see why motorists get upset and there is no excuse for it.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
If an aggressive thug swings his baseball bat at you, and you use your hand to fend it off, is that "touching someone else's property without permission"?

If an aggressive thug swings his baseball bat at you, and you use your hand to fend it off, is that "touching someone else's property without permission"?

Haven't had that so can't say...I have had a car driven at me more than once though and haven't had to resort to banging their vehicle.Swearing yes...that gets a negative effect as well...

But surely you can imagine a scenario where that might be necessary?

Why would I...it has never happened but more than once I have had aggressive acts from cars which has never lead to me banging their vehicles...Swearing yes but not that.I think they take that very personally.

JoysOfSight

It isn't the same though...it's a more aggressive act than blowing the horn...It's almost assault...It's certainly touching someone else's property without permission and I have never done it.

I see why motorists get upset and there is no excuse for it.

I can see why motorists get upset too, but just because people get annoyed doesn't make something wrong.

The other day I narrowly avoided death when a builder at the site outside our flat reversed his van onto the pavement where I was waiting to cross, baby in buggy. It wasn't attempted murder, he just hadn't seen me. Of course he jumped out and started giving it all that about how if I touched his van again he'd break my jaw, but then he's hardly going to be objective about it.

So what's the deal? It's assault to bang on the van and save my child's life? Yeah right.

Obviously this anecdote is made up but the point stands. I have sometimes rapped on shoot that is alongside me and being driven into me, and long may it continue (well, if the alternative is railing death).

Fair enough life and death is an excuse but I have never had to use it.

A lot of the time it's a form of road rage.Cyclist gets upset at motorist...could be spur of the moment thing?

God I've got upset before and come out with so many expletives it's embarrassing.Not so much ow though...

If you need an example of my over reacting,my incident with the lorry was a huge over reaction..I think I lost it a bit.

Top Bottom