Vehicles parked in front of the drive

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I am sure I have mentioned it before on here about people parking in front of my gates and dropped kerb.
Tonight someone had left a Van in front blocking access,in the past I have gone knocking on doors etc but today I was peeved that it had happened yet again so I phoned the plod who sent a pcso around.van was not local.
They knocked on doors and eventually found the driver who I could hear mouthing off as I was in the shed on the turbo,the fence gets kicked so I naturally go to have a look.Turns out it's a neighbour who's got visitors,visitor apologizes but the neighbour is still is giving the gob and his wife is saying sorry.pcso tells me to go inside and then a police van turns up.
About 10 mins later the van and police leave.
As my lad has chronic kidney disease I like to keep the gate clear just in case and obviously the legal position of parking across a dropped kerb.
If they had asked if they could park whilst visiting I would not have had a problem but I was fed up of it happening yet again.Mrs CK says it's not the best way to make friends .

Levo-Lon

Guru
Only a C%&t blocks a drive, who wants a friend of that calibre.
Same as the footpath parkers,that care not for the disabled

Slick

Guru
I am sure I have mentioned it before on here about people parking in front of my gates and dropped kerb.
Tonight someone had left a Van in front blocking access,in the past I have gone knocking on doors etc but today I was peeved that it had happened yet again so I phoned the plod who sent a pcso around.van was not local.
They knocked on doors and eventually found the driver who I could hear mouthing off as I was in the shed on the turbo,the fence gets kicked so I naturally go to have a look.Turns out it's a neighbour who's got visitors,visitor apologizes but the neighbour is still is giving the gob and his wife is saying sorry.pcso tells me to go inside and then a police van turns up.
About 10 mins later the van and police leave.
As my lad has chronic kidney disease I like to keep the gate clear just in case and obviously the legal position of parking across a dropped kerb.
If they had asked if they could park whilst visiting I would not have had a problem but I was fed up of it happening yet again.Mrs CK says it's not the best way to make friends .
Friends like that, I could do without.

keithmac

Guru
Only happened to me a couple of times but it is inconsiderate and annoying.

Can't see any reasonable person parking over a drive and would not do it myself.

You did the right thing, let the Police deal with it.

Heltor Chasca

Out-riding the Black Dog
It is really stressful. A new neighbour started doing it at my house and another. I pull a trailer which I need to reverse down my drive after work. I have been parked in as well as out. I am pretty laid back, but thoughtlessness boils my blood.

Tried explaining by text. Didn’t work. Tried talking on the phone. Didn’t work. In the end I went round there and very nicely explained that if I dragged my trailer down the side of his car, my insurance wouldn’t cover it and I would deny anything to the plod who haven’t got the time round these parts for trivial spats.

I don’t talk to them anymore. Easier but very sad. None of the neighbours have the time of day for them due to other dumb things he’s done. Really sad as one day when his little kids are old enough to come out and play on the street, they might also get blanked. Society today sucks sometimes.

Top Bottom