video my journeys

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Old timer

Über Member
Don`t want to spend a lot of money but would like to video some of my journeys to share with others. I realise that fitting anything to the bars is going to create vibration. fitting one to my helmet might be a bit heavy with little control.

What are people using? is it feasible, any advice please

Thanks

Dave

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
There are a number of threads....here's one...

https://www.cyclechat.net/

Hope this helps.

Norm

Most put them in / on helmets but they catch all the wind up there and, whilst it could be useful "evidence" of life-savers, they can also be very dizzying to watch. I use a Veho Muvi clipped to a rucksack chest strap, always points ahead, easy to hear what I say and there's very little wind noise there.

OP
OP
Old timer

Old timer

Über Member
Thanks for the links, had fun watching the tube.

I`ve been thinking, before laying out for that cam. one of my hobbies is photography, one of my cameras is a fairly small Panasonic LX3, has a good video mode and a 24mm wide angle lens with image stabilising.
If I can think or a way to use that as a trial it might turn out to be the answer. I have a handlebar mount with a threaded stud but I reckon that might well create far to much vibration. I don`t think I can make a mounting system that would absorb the shocks. So! I`m thinking along the lines of fixing it to my body in some way( it`s a bit heavy for your head)

Any suggestions or examples or have any of you designed something that would do the job?

This is the camera it weighs in just short of 300g http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/panasonicdmclx3/
Thanks

Dave

Norm

Gee, the LX3 is a lovely camera and there's no way I would want that anywhere near the vibes on the bars.

I think that the best suggestion I could offer for mounting that camera would be to put it into your rucksack and purchase one of these. ;)

OP
OP
Old timer

Old timer

Über Member
Norm said:
Gee, the LX3 is a lovely camera and there's no way I would want that anywhere near the vibes on the bars.

I think that the best suggestion I could offer for mounting that camera would be to put it into your rucksack and purchase one of these. :smile:

I`m not putting on the bars, I have one of these and with a bungie around my chest I have the cam looking out of the top of my cycling jacket http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/48526-REG/Sima_SVP3_Mini_Video_Prop_Chest.html

It works fine, tried it today.

Q. Never used youtube before and now realise I need to compress the files! any ideas what to do or what to use?

Thanks

Dave

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
If you're on Windows then the Windows MovieMaker package is fine to use. When creating the final video file I simply output it as DV-AVI(PAL) which give (I think) the best quality but the largest filesize (i.e. minimal compression).

Top Bottom