W Indies v England - Spoilers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I did wonder about my earlier expectation of a draw when England got the first wicket (3 for 1). But I've since redrawn my draw conclusions. 202 - 2 with England needing to take 7 in 3 sessions and make up the deficit. After 2 in 2-and-a-bit sessions.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSi0woeU9mv7ekV9QaYgtPIFStXV-jRJ9Lit_5eOffb5-IhBSmpYA.jpg

2012 - India (according to the Beeb)

OP
OP
psmiffy
It is Friday and it is Barbados - First Day Third and Final Test

The word seems to be that Trott will get picked - despite being obviously out of sorts and with a flaw in his approach - moving forward and to the off he is going to get full balls on leg - bowled behind his legs - and short balls on off - with catches to wide slips and gully - I always been a supporter of having Trott up there at the front as a steadying influence - he was wicked in SA and Australia and India for that matter - but that was yesterday - he needs to go back to county cricket - sort himself out and play himself back into the team - Cooke has done enough with the bat in the last test to suggest he should not be written off at present - On the field he has been reasonably attacking as captain - but I nothing to say about the selection policy

Barbados may be a more "sporting" pitch - with Stokes doubtful it would be an ideal time for Plunkett to step in and make a proper reputation for himself - likely apart from that there will be no other changes - Moen really needs to become more consistent with his bowling so that he can hold an end down and give himself more chances of getting wickets - Jordan needs to make a more significant contribution with the ball - brilliant fielder and catcher but he is there to back up Anderson and Broad - hopefully Broad will continue his improvement with the ball and maybe get a bit more confidence back with the bat

Batting wise - apart from the top two :rolleyes: - everything is relatively hunky dory - Ballance Root and Bell to make some runs - hopefully backed up with a bit more of a contribution from Buttler and Moen

Anderson - did I mention Anderson - Just be thankful that he is a fit sort of bloke and will probably be there for at least another couple of years

Taylor returns for the WI and likely that Holder is fit - but no real depth to the bowling - all things being equal England should win with ease - wait and see ^_^ - (I still think it will not be a happy summer)

OP
OP
psmiffy
England win the toss and bat - sounds like the pitch is not as sporting as reported - slow to the point of turgid - Team is as unchanged as largely expected - Stokes has passed a fitness test - really fear that the summer will be miserable for England unless they take more chances in the selection

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! as I type Trott is out in the manner I feared - short ball fended off - leg rather than off but result is the same

If Trott's going to be selected for the Ashes, he'll have to sort his technique out otherwise Johnson and Starc WILL get him.

This current side has potential: get rid of Cock, Broad and Jordan and bring in a reliable opener (Compton?), Woakes and maybe Tymal Mills (if he's fit). And Treadwell for Ali IF England want a bona fide offie.

Top Bottom