W Indies v England - Spoilers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Cock's strike rate is 31.57, Ballance's 24.24.

Hmmm,. good toss to win!?

Since the 1st Test last summer up until the last Test last week, according to your stats., Cock has scored 456 runs at an average of 30.4, with three scores over 50 and no century.

Not to mention his dull and unimaginative captaincy.

He has had his day.

Wafer

Veteran
I checked the statsguru figures on cricinfo, said 42.5 avg in the last 12 months.

There's been no imaginative captaincy since Nasser, not stopped them doing quite well at times since then. And I don't remember Nasser, Vaughan or even Strauss having as good batting averages as captain than before being captain.

People were calling for Cook's head ahead of the Ashes in Oz a few years ago because he'd only been scoring 70's and stuff. Then he went and rolled the aussies in to the ground. He's one of the best batsmen we've ever produced and is still only 30.

England have apparently (not checked, seems a long time ago) won 4 of the last 5 tests and were close to a win in the 5th.

I'm not expecting a great performance in the Ashes this summer but it's hardly the doom and gloom that seems to be surrounding the discussion about them at the moment.

I'm not expecting a great performance in the Ashes this summer but it's hardly the doom and gloom that seems to be surrounding the discussion about them at the moment.

True, but they are playing a weak West Indies team. Results and performances flatter to deceive.

I suspect that NZ will give them a going over, too, just prior to the Aussies.

OP
OP
psmiffy
upload_2015-5-1_16-33-47.png

?????

rich p

ridiculous old lush
The BBC poll had Lyth as the overwhelming favourite to open in pace of Trott.
@Dayvo , Compton was dull, old and average.
I'd go for Alex Hales who could play in the mould of Warner.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
The word seems to be that Trott will get picked - despite being obviously out of sorts and with a flaw in his approach - moving forward and to the off he is going to get full balls on leg - bowled behind his legs - and short balls on off - with catches to wide slips and gully - I always been a supporter of having Trott up there at the front as a steadying influence - he was wicked in SA and Australia and India for that matter - but that was yesterday - he needs to go back to county cricket - sort himself out and play
Good call, smiffy

The BBC poll had Lyth as the overwhelming favourite to open in pace of Trott.
@Dayvo , Compton was dull, old and average.
I'd go for Alex Hales who could play in the mould of Warner.

I like Hales, too, but suspect the 'school ties' wouldn't, hence I suggested Compton. I agree he's old and dull.

Having Root (a future England captain?), Buttler, Stokes, Woakes and quite a few others making a name for themselves in County Cricket, the future looks promising. But it's at least 3-4 years away, before we perform better than Australia, methinks.

Top Bottom