W

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gmw492

Veteran
Less than a pound a week , I pay annually think it’s a good thing , I’m guessing they won’t lose any customers as the ones who didn’t pay won’t affect Strava if they leave as no income anyway was coming in from free users,I’m guessing if anything it will increase their subscription as people may have liked the segment features and want to keep it after having a go on it. Quite like the segment popping up on my device even though I’m always behind my PB and miles away from a KOM ^_^

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I enjoy looking at the stats and, the older I get, rather than compare myself with the leaders on segments, look at the age related times and it makes me feel a bit less hopeless! :laugh:

Daninplymouth

I like strava and chasing the segments, mainly for myself to see how my fitness improves as I am am cycling more and more.
I’m more than happy to pay really as it is a good service, I just think if they set a price of £20 or £25 for the 12months then most people wouldn’t really complain as you wouldn’t really be bothered by paying £20 but in the current climate asking for nearer £50 sounds a lot to some people and will probably scare them off

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
Personally, I think Strava needs the freeloaders to make the whole thing work socially. The more people on it the more it works. I am not bothered about losing the features and I plan to remain on the free version.

Steady

Über Member
The only feature I'm really going to miss is being able to compare my times against myself which of all the standard set that has now become subscription only is a bit annoying. I'd just gotten back into being serious about cycling, was enjoying seeing myself get back to my 2014 golden year over certain segments.

Am I looking for an alternative? Yeah, definitely more open to it than had they just taken routes/leaderboards as there's no real statistics for self-improvement even as a basic kicker for motivation there now, but Strava aren't going to miss me if I'm not paying, and I'm not going to pay just to see if I'm back to the same level of fitness I was in 2014. Would I have thrown money at some point this year? Yeah, maybe, but now I'd rather not, but that's easy to say from a "would have, could have".

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Noticed the changes and differences today, I'm sure I can 'use' the time I'd normally spend looking at my stats doing something else ultimately as meaningless...

pawl

Legendary Member
Th
You can plan routes on ridewithgps.com and then download the files to transfer.

Thanks for that I will have a look👍👍👍

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
The only feature I'm really going to miss is being able to compare my times against myself which of all the standard set that has now become subscription only is a bit annoying.

The app on my iPad still allows me to see all my segment times. In fact I loaded up a ride today and I can still see my previous efforts on segments I ride. I’m on the free version.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Well, looks like that's that gone then. Tbh the only value Strava has for me now is to log the miles I put on the bike.

Doubt I'll really bother using it now the features have been neutered.. not that my absence (or that of any other free users, unless it's all of us) will probably make much difference to the site.

I feel somewhat indignant and aggrieved; not that I really have any right to be either :rolleyes:

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Most of my group of followers on Strava are reasonably enthusiastic cyclists. About 1/3 are premium subscribers and 2/3 are not

It will be interesting to see what happens to the 2/3. How many will migrate to the subscription service, how many will remain free users and how many will leave for other ride logging apps

I will miss being able to compare segment times with friends, being able to compare an effort with my PB and being able to review my times for all my efforts on a segment to see how I'm going. Not sure which way I'll go.

OldShep

Über Member
I paid for a year and enjoyed filtering by age to realise I was usually in the top 3 of pensioners.
Once safe in that knowledge I’d no need to pay anymore.
my most common use of Strava is to look at 'Flybys' to put a name to the face/bike. Does anyone know if free users will loose this?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Free user here, always have been, I'm none competitive but I do like to compare my own efforts up a few hills, or over a ride. I upload my rides to Garmin & that syncs across to both Strava & RWGPS did that with yesterday's ride & TBH I can't see any difference to what I could see before unless the change hasn't happened yet on my account, it also sync'd across to swinny.net

Same here. Mainly use the web access via PC and I obviously don't use much on Strava as nothing has changed for me.

Top Bottom