Wasn't expecting that

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DRM

Guru
Went out sunday 25th September for the usual sunday morning ride, about half way round felt a bit cold & achy in the chest & generally not feeling right. made it home and got showered thinking I would be ok, however it didn't improve, wound up in an ambulance off to hospital & it turns out it was a heart attack, so I'm now full of meds, off the bike, slowly coming round to the idea that it's going to be a case of start all over again as far as cycling fitness goes, however the cardiac rehab team have been in touch, and I will be starting an exercise regime to get me back to where I was fitness wise, meanwhile I have been told to do a 5 minute walk & build on that, however I certainly know I've been out! it so tiring!
Anyway, has anyone here been through this, & if so how did you get on? the main thing is I'm here to tell the tale, and as far as riding the bike goes, as Arnie said "I'll be back" :okay: I ain't giving in just yet.

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
Sorry to hear that DRM, I've no experience of heart attacks but I hope you get well soon.

macp

Guru
Get well soon brother

Oxo

Guru
.........Anyway, has anyone here been through this, & if so how did you get on? the main thing is I'm here to tell the tale, and as far as riding the bike goes, as Arnie said "I'll be back" :okay: I ain't giving in just yet.

Been there and done that plus by-pass etc etc.

Did 35 miles Tuesday and plan similar tomorrow. It takes time, but nothing to stop you getting back on your bike. Good luck and think positive.

Top Bottom