Weight Watcher's Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Let’s hope for a good winter then Colin :okay:
I have a pic from a couple of months ago that hopefully shows less girth … I’ve still not made my target weight but I’m over 10 kg down on original so pleased overall, my doc and cardiologist were pleased too :whistle:
View attachment 616495
Certainly looking fit now. I would have to spend 33 hours a day in a gym to get to look like that - ha ha!

I assume that you have just been for a bike ride with your son (or are about to)? He has a VERY nice bike! When I was his age I had a singlespeed steel-framed Raleigh... (Not to knock it though - I had a great time riding around on it.)

Colin Grigson

Bass guitarist - Bad News
Certainly looking fit now. I would have to spend 33 hours a day in a gym to get to look like that - ha ha!

I assume that you have just been for a bike ride with your son (or are about to)? He has a VERY nice bike! When I was his age I had a singlespeed steel-framed Raleigh... (Not to knock it though - I had a great time riding around on it.)
We were just off on a ride … and yes, he’s a very lucky lad having that to ride, and to be fair he does appreciate it. Haha I’m the same as you in that I too had a single speed heap when young … not even a Raleigh. :okay:

ColinJ

I was 'tagged' earlier, which brought me back to the thread...

My weight has continued to trickle down. I am now around 86 kg or 13 st 7 lbs. I would like to lose around another 6.5-7.0 kg, or 14-15 lbs.

I could get that off by the start of August if I really made an effort but I am happy to just take it slow and steady.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
I signed up for WW online yesterday! I have a stone to lose so not an enormous amount but it’s been creeping up and up and I’ve been unable to muster the self control to bring it down! I only get 19 points per day…feels like very little! 😱

ColinJ

I was 'tagged' earlier, which brought me back to the thread...

My weight has continued to trickle down. I am now around 86 kg or 13 st 7 lbs. I would like to lose around another 6.5-7.0 kg, or 14-15 lbs.

I could get that off by the start of August if I really made an effort but I am happy to just take it slow and steady.

I was thinking today that I was definitely feeling slimmer so I checked my weight again - now 85 kg - 13 st 5 lbs. That's due to a few more short rides, eating less, and, er... 'outputting' more! :whistle: :laugh:

I had a fairly big meal latish yesterday evening and wasn't feeling hungry all day today so I have made do with just a bowl of porridge so far. I will probably have 50 g of nuts and raisins later while I watch TV.

icowden

Veteran
I signed up for WW online yesterday! I have a stone to lose so not an enormous amount but it’s been creeping up and up and I’ve been unable to muster the self control to bring it down! I only get 19 points per day…feels like very little! 😱

I've just been using the NHS calorie counter and making meals not quite as big (i.e. staying within the calorie goal). No cider, biscuits or chocolate. Managed a stone so far this year although have been flatlining since the end of April. Down to 15st from 16st 2lb. I'd like to get rid of at least 2 more stones!

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Its taken me 4 months to lose the stone i put on after my accident, its nice to be able to fit into my normal size trousers comfortably again , in fact i have upped the intake a bit as i getting hungry at the end of the day and my commute times have suffered as im running on empty,To get to pre crash weight maybe another 3-4 llbs
1656442630216.png

:smile:

Last edited:

gzoom

Über Member
I've been cycling since Uni, but my weight has always been around 75-80kg. I used the excuse 'me genes' and pretended BMI figures didn't apply to me because I was 'muscular' rather than fat.

Start of 2022 I turned 40, and a heavy Xmas saw my weight head up towards 80kg at an alarming trend, and I decided enough was enough.

52164543286_9e41627114_c_d.jpg

I started a weights program - doing 15kg dumbbell weights at home x3 per week, carrying on with cycling but most importantly stopped buying and eatting junk food.

Looking through some photos last night, I don't understand why I didn't do something about my weight earlier!! Below is one photo of my aged 29 at 80kg, the other aged 40 at 69kg......There is no magic to weight loss, no tricks, it's all personal accountability. Hell is going to have to freeze over before I let my self become acquainted with man bobs again!

52186211737_2a02866020_c_d.jpg

Last edited:

icowden

Veteran
I think I just fell into the trap that a lot of people fall into. My weight was a fairly steady 11-12 stone until I got married and had kids. The advent of babies with the attendant tiredness and bad eating habits pushed me into the 13 stone range. Then my thyroid stopped working and the weight shot up to the top end of 15 stone. I'm now back at the cusp of being 14 stone again - but @gzoom is right, there is no magic bullet. I lost the first stone my just not eating as many calories per day. I'm now static as I have been slipping a lot. Need to get back on the counting bus.

Personally I'd be happy reaching the picture on the left!!

ColinJ

I was thinking today that I was definitely feeling slimmer so I checked my weight again - now 85 kg - 13 st 5 lbs.
And now... [stands on scales]... 83.0 kg - 13 st 1 lb. It won't be long now before it is down to 12 st xx lbs. I got to 77.5 kg (12 st 3 lbs) a few years back but looked too scrawny so I aim to go no lower than 79 kg (12 st 6 lbs) this time, maybe slightly higher. If I did more upper body exercise I would want to be about what I am now, only with more muscle, and less flab.

gzoom

Über Member
lf I did more upper body exercise I would want to be about what I am now, only with more muscle, and less flab.

Great work, I put on weight during a 3 week summer holiday, but its now under 70kg again.

52330629476_1bf5fef8f1_c_d.jpg

Muscle versus 'skinny fat' is a key for me too. Am 5'11, and am aiming for another 1kg fat loss by Xmas feasting time....on the basis I will out weight on during Xmas :smile:.

Upper body and core exercises is now my 'routine' and any cycling I do complement the strength work. As much as I hate to say it, using cycling as my 'base' excercise over the years was a 'mistake' interms of getting the body shape I want. Am more happy with my body aged 40, than I have ever being before, and cycling LESS turned out to the key!!!

ColinJ

And now... [stands on scales]... 83.0 kg - 13 st 1 lb. It won't be long now before it is down to 12 st xx lbs. I got to 77.5 kg (12 st 3 lbs) a few years back but looked too scrawny so I aim to go no lower than 79 kg (12 st 6 lbs) this time, maybe slightly higher.
I got there more quickly than I expected... I am now 82.3 kg - 12 st 13 lbs.:okay:

As expected, some people have now started suggesting that I 'look too thin'. My face, maybe, but my waist is still too big for me to get into shorts and trousers that are my target size. I have a pair of black cords (a birthday present many years ago) which I have never been able to wear. I asked for them to be the size that I wanted to be rather than the huge size that I was at the time, a reminder to shift the flab. I will have to track them down to check how far off I still am.

Top Bottom