Weight Watcher's Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Have recently lost around 6kg, down to just over 81. No-one noticed...
:biggrin:
Nobody (other than me) noticed the first 6 or 7 kg of my loss either, but that just took me down from 'very flabby' to 'flabby'. The recent losses have taken me from 'flabby' to 'slightly flabby', which is a bit more obvious!

What weight are you aiming for?

ColinJ

As low as possible before surgery! 75 would be good, although I didn't think I'd get this far, to be honest.

Well, good luck with both!

All I am doing is informal 'semi-fasting'. Basically, if I feel hungry, I eat my normal amount at my normal time. If I feel less hungry, I eat a smaller meal, for example just some chopped fruit with a spoon of Greek yoghurt spread over the top. If I don't really feel hungry at all, I postpone or cancel the meal.

I am not logging what/when I eat but I would say about 3 of my usual 14 meals a week are lighter, delayed, or skipped.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Without trying too hard, I've lost a stone now in less that four weeks.

It's all due to a film I watched and strongly recommended on here.

If you've got Netflix, I'd suggest you see Game Changers. After watching that, I thought I'd give the old plant-based diet a try. Having been a vegetarian for seven years previously and a vegan for the majority of that, I found it fairly easy to go back again although it was an overnight change for me this time.

I'm not conscious of eating any less or denying myself food, it just can't have animal anywhere in it. All dairy and butchery stuff has gone out of the window for me, even fish, chicken and eggs.

The advantages are I definitely feel better and have loads more energy. My belt is having to be pulled tighter. My joints don't ache nearly as much. I have more sex (sorry, but it's not just me noticed that one!) I've lost a stone in a month.

The disadvantages; the meals need more thought and are quite boring anyway. The kitchen smells like a greengrocers (although that's no big deal). I'm producing a LOT more gas and spending a lot more time sitting on the toilet.

When I go dry on the alcohol front, I specify the time in advance and work towards that end goal looking forward to my first drink once the time's over. With this diet though, I have no desire to ever go back to meat and don't miss it in the slightest. Shopping this morning, I felt a bit of unease walking down the aisles with meat-based products while a few weeks ago I'd have been deciding on which ones I was going to enjoy over the weekend.

The Jogger

Legendary Member
I'm going carnivore from next week , for both health and weight loss. Just gradually heading that way now, more meat, fat and less carbs.

Hovering just over 80kg now, need to try harder!

ColinJ

Update: 82 kg - 12 st 12.5 lbs.

It is becoming increasingly obvious now. My Humvee baggies are no longer uncomfortable round the waist. I have taken my belt in one hole.
Now 81.4 kg - 12 st 11.5 lbs. Belt in at least another hole, maybe even two.

If I can keep this weight loss (and my cycling) up through the coming winter then I should start 2023 fitter than I have been for years.

Both Mrs Salad and I have been slowly and steadily putting on weight for the last couple of years or so, and Mrs S was beginning to get worried about the health effects of it.
She signed up with Slimming World back in early summer, and has since lost just coming up to 3 stone.
I said I would also change my diet. It's not fair for me to be eating, say, fish and chips whilst she just has salad. But I don't like fruit very much, so I am not as zealous as she is in avoiding biscuits and the occasional little cake ......
But I have now lost nearly 2 stone (16st 12 down to 14st 13) and feel better for it, although I am now at the "in between" stage for clothes: most of my stuff is a bit too loose, but next size down stuff is uncomfortably tight.
One wizard wheeze that I can recommend. The Range sell trouser belts made of a kind of plaited elastic. So they are infinitely adjustable: you poke the spike on the buckle through the plaits as required. And, being elastic, the belt moves with you much more comfortably than a rigid leather or plastic one.
Available in a variety of colours at about £6 each. I have 4 in different colours and wear one every day. Really good.

ColinJ

One wizard wheeze that I can recommend. The Range sell trouser belts made of a kind of plaited elastic. So they are infinitely adjustable: you poke the spike on the buckle through the plaits as required. And, being elastic, the belt moves with you much more comfortably than a rigid leather or plastic one.
My Endura Humvees are a lot more comfortable round my waist now, but I still think that they would be better with a stretchy belt so I might try one of those - thanks.

PS I have just ordered a similar one from Amazon. It's nice being able to order size M rather than X or even XL! (Mind you, I think their sizes are probably one out - I reckon their M = L and L = XL.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom