Well that's me off my bike for a while

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
:angry:

I'm currently confined to bed unable to even sit up for the last 2 days let alone walk...

Dr suspects Sciatica but is not 100% sure.

Not being able to weight bear or balance on what is normally my bad side (left) and given that it is my good side that is affected I am pretty much grounded (or more accurately trapped on the 1st floor). My right leg is partially numb and I have a new supply of drugs to sleep through the weekend! I can't even sit up - it is too painful even for a minute or two...

Feeling sorry for myself :sad:
GWS I possibly have some understanding of how you are feeling as our son is currently staying with us after having a part of one of his discs removed.Not good for either of you so just take it easy and read all those mags you intended to read and catch up on your tv programmes.
Ted

compo

Veteran
:angry:

I'm currently confined to bed unable to even sit up for the last 2 days let alone walk...

Dr suspects Sciatica but is not 100% sure.

Not being able to weight bear or balance on what is normally my bad side (left) and given that it is my good side that is affected I am pretty much grounded (or more accurately trapped on the 1st floor). My right leg is partially numb and I have a new supply of drugs to sleep through the weekend! I can't even sit up - it is too painful even for a minute or two...

Feeling sorry for myself :sad:

You have my sympathy! I have just gone through the same but seem to be getting a bit better. The MRI scan showed I have considersble narrowing in parts of my spine causing pressure on the nerves. I am waiting to see a spinal surgeon to discuss where we go now. It will be my second spinal operation. My physio reckons that cycling is actually good for me as it isn't weight bearing and the position on the bike eases pressure on the spine. Like you, my legs go numb when I walk any distance and my lower back just seizes up and becomes painful. Strangely, and thankfully though, I can pedal for miles without discomfort.

I hope you feel better soon.

OP
OP
SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
Thanks everyone. First challenge is to get to the point where I can actually sit up again. :blush:

Then hopefully I can get to the point where I can watch TV, eat, drink etc though I need to be able to negotiate the stairs to get to the TV, but once I can sit up I can at least use the laptop again.

I've had it once before, an old mountaineering injury, but the other side and this time this is much worse sadly. Dr currently has me on codeine, gabapentin, diazepam and paracetamol. Can't have anti inflammatories because I'm allergic to them! And the wheat bag is in almost constant use. Fingers crossed that I see more improvement soon. Been like this for 2 days now!

Geoff Crowther

"... travel far, not fast", Ted Simon
Sorry to hear that Emma.
I really hope you feel better soon.
Take care and best wishes.
Geoff

Thanks everyone. First challenge is to get to the point where I can actually sit up again. :blush:

Then hopefully I can get to the point where I can watch TV, eat, drink etc though I need to be able to negotiate the stairs to get to the TV, but once I can sit up I can at least use the laptop again.

I've had it once before, an old mountaineering injury, but the other side and this time this is much worse sadly. Dr currently has me on codeine, gabapentin, diazepam and paracetamol. Can't have anti inflammatories because I'm allergic to them! And the wheat bag is in almost constant use. Fingers crossed that I see more improvement soon. Been like this for 2 days now!

You have my sympathy , thats nearly the same meds i am on but sobstitute the diazapan for amitriptyline, and the same problem (only yours is worse) im seeing the spinal surgeon again on wednesday next week ,
hope you get well soon:thumbsup:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I have heard of some excuses to have 40 winks but i think your

in need of a hug !
tumblr_mznf1dS1An1rgi7odo1_400.gif

Top Bottom