Well that's me off my bike for a while

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
Yikes - bad luck. You must be starting to run out of body parts to go wrong on you ... GWS!
Yep, you would think so wouldn't you. Really the last thing I needed something happening to my good side.

Currently in agony hoping the pain meds kick in again soon and trying to work out who to get back cycling again if things don't improve much... I got stuck at attaching sticks / crutches to a trike recumbent... May try for some more sleep soon.

OP
OP
SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
My lovely husband had made me some vegan choc chip scones today! They are actually very good for his first attempt :smile: Not to mention having hovered the downstairs and cleaned the kitchen!

Tomorrow he will pick up a tablet (electronic type) to help me stay occupied... It is rather hard on a small screen of a smartphone! The laptop is still beyond me as it's sitting up!

He is such a sweetie. He is canceling his trip away this week and trying to get a much work to do at home as possible. :hugs:

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Sorry to hear that. Sciatica is a bugger. It just leaps out on you, out of nowhere and then seems to vanish just as quickly and there is very little that you can do about it in the meantime. I am a fellow sciatica sufferer but I've not been confined to bed with it for about 12 years.

If it helps at all, when my sciatica is bad cycling gently helps a lot. That's probably just me being a weirdo though.

OP
OP
SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
Just catching up with this. We require a creative picture of the ceiling. One that says agony and bedridden. Get thinking.
Er there is not much to the bedroom ceiling... It is only about 18 inched wide!

DSC_0135.JPG
DSC_0133.JPG

Insanity is more likely to be stated than bedridden and pain!

OP
OP
SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
Sorry to hear that. Sciatica is a bugger. It just leaps out on you, out of nowhere and then seems to vanish just as quickly and there is very little that you can do about it in the meantime. I am a fellow sciatica sufferer but I've not been confined to bed with it for about 12 years.

If it helps at all, when my sciatica is bad cycling gently helps a lot. That's probably just me being a weirdo though.
Sadly this had my good leg numb to the extent that I cant walk without support and part night I found out that the physio I do nightly for my bad leg (weight into that leg and stand on tip toe,up and down repeat 10 times) I can't even start to do on my good leg... There is simply no response from it at all :eek:. The sole of my foot is also completly pins and needles as well which is just weird though not as word as my buttock muscle which just seems to be ' missing '

Walking did seem a touch easier this afternoon but I have upped the pain meds... My instructions say 1-2 tabs upto 4 times a day for one and 1 three times a day can increase to 3 three a day.

Fingers crossed but right now some 3 or 4 days on things haven't shown much sign of improvement in returning of sensation sadly which given the state of my other leg is not good news :sad:

Er there is not much to the bedroom ceiling... It is only about 18 inched wide!

snso.jpg

Insanity is more likely to be stated than bedridden and pain!

That's pretty good.

OP
OP
SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
[QUOTE 3368908, member: 9609"]as in motor loss ?

have you worked out at what level (as in what part of your spine) your nerve is being squished at. dermatome maps ? I have had the joys of L4 and S1,
(of course it may not be your spine, nerves can be compromised in other places)[/QUOTE]
Yes to motor loss as well as lots of nerve pain and muscle spam. Totally failure of knee jerk on test but I didn't know about the toe thingy at the time. From this www.medicalcriteria.com/site/en/criteria/64-neurology/96-neurodermatome.html picture it seems to be pretty much all of the S range in its entirety sadly. Dr did say that some of the tests she did here at my home did not tie in with sciatica but given I have once had it before and have a history of lower back pain caused by hyper mobility syndrome plus my bodies inability to sense acute pain at the time of trama, diagnosis can sometimes be difficult!

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
:angry:

I'm currently confined to bed unable to even sit up for the last 2 days let alone walk...

Dr suspects Sciatica but is not 100% sure.

Not being able to weight bear or balance on what is normally my bad side (left) and given that it is my good side that is affected I am pretty much grounded (or more accurately trapped on the 1st floor). My right leg is partially numb and I have a new supply of drugs to sleep through the weekend! I can't even sit up - it is too painful even for a minute or two...

Feeling sorry for myself :sad:

Sorry to hear that, SN. I can tell how much your cycling means to you, so here's hoping you'll be up and about soon. At least the weather's lousy at the moment, so it's as good a time as any to be indoors.
Cheers, (and chin up), Donger.

OP
OP
SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
[QUOTE 3368960, member: 9609"]I think knee reflex is L4 which is the femoral nerve not the sciatic nerve, I lost that reflex completely and had motor failure to most of the quad (its all come back now) horrendous shin pain and outside (lateral) of foot and ankle went numb. all very scary at the time.[/QUOTE]
The peculiar thing is lying flat on my back I can lift the leg almost as far as normal. I can't however get any where near touching my toes whereas normally I can stand on tip toe and put my palms on the floor. straightening the leg is also an issue, but curling into a ball whilst on my back is perfectly fine! Some things just don't seem to add up

And as you say it is all very scary. I can't even walk without support and I can only land on my right side when cycling and currently it is not weight bearing!

Top Bottom