Well that's me off my bike for a while

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
Sorry to hear that, SN. I can tell how much your cycling means to you, so here's hoping you'll be up and about soon. At least the weather's lousy at the moment, so it's as good a time as any to be indoors.
Cheers, (and chin up), Donger.
Tis very frustrating. The previous week I had covered over 250km and there is my oh's n+1 waiting to be christened which he won't do alone! He also now won't probably cycle to work simply because he can be here in. 30 mins if he had to go into the office as opposed to the 45 mind cycle time plus changing time needed to get here if he cycles :sad:

OP
OP
SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
[QUOTE 3368960, member: 9609"]I think knee reflex is L4 which is the femoral nerve not the sciatic nerve, I lost that reflex completely and had motor failure to most of the quad (its all come back now) horrendous shin pain and outside (lateral) of foot and ankle went numb. all very scary at the time.[/QUOTE]
Ok going by a different diagram it is. S1 and L5...think I probably need to add in S2 at the minimum. The only pary of my sole that does not have pins and needles is the big toe!

Last edited:

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
My lovely husband had made me some vegan choc chip scones today! They are actually very good for his first attempt :smile: Not to mention having hovered the downstairs and cleaned the kitchen!

Tomorrow he will pick up a tablet (electronic type) to help me stay occupied... It is rather hard on a small screen of a smartphone! The laptop is still beyond me as it's sitting up!

He is such a sweetie. He is canceling his trip away this week and trying to get a much work to do at home as possible. :hugs:
He should be doing that anyway !
Today i dusted, cleaned bathroom, hoovered mopped the floors, 3 loads of washing , drieing , installed new thermosat in the oven, went to charity shop with load of old clothes whilst keeping mini ck 1+2 busy as swmbo was at work .She does 13 hours a week and i do 45 + .
I have since then regreased back bike wheel and installed a new shifter cable as all that rain fecked the bike up yesterday !

OP
OP
SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
He works (paid), I don't so usually I do the housework and cooking and have evening meal ready on the table etc. I only support my parents as carers cycling the 44 miles 2 or 3 times a week to help them out.

He does do the ironing and the washing up though because of my paralysis which causes issues.. Coating something in hot soapy water when you can only tell that you are holding it, not how well you are holding it often results in gravity taking over! :laugh:

Levo-Lon

Guru
My labourer had to pack up working for me due to sciatica..
he is waiting for operation date..but no sign of that yet..
Hope you get back on your feet soon ,and they sort the pain out..

cyberknight

He works (paid), I don't so usually I do the housework and cooking and have evening meal ready on the table etc. I only support my parents as carers cycling the 44 miles 2 or 3 times a week to help them out.

He does do the ironing and the washing up though because of my paralysis which causes issues.. Coating something in hot soapy water when you can only tell that you are holding it, not how well you are holding it often results in gravity taking over! :laugh:
Of course , he sounds great and i was knocking him at all !
Its just at work i work with a load of "macho " co workers who dont even make their own sandwich box let alone housework , they pee me off .

OP
OP
SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
Of course , he sounds great and i was knocking him at all !
Its just at work i work with a load of "macho " co workers who dont even make their own sandwich box let alone housework , they pee me off .
I'm bloody lucky with him. Why on earth he doesn't want to leave me is beyond me some days! But he and his 3 brothers are all the same though one is a little on the weird side to the point of making me look normal!

cyberknight

I'm bloody lucky with him. Why on earth he doesn't want to leave me is beyond me some days! But he and his 3 brothers are all the same though one is a little on the weird side to the point of making me look normal!
Hes not that bad surely :whistle:

You have my empathy, 3 years ago I had a bulging disc [despite medical training I had never hears of it before], cut a long story short we went to the bike show at Earls Court, As we walked from the tube station the pain began to worsen, I literally shuffled across the main road and ground to a halt between the road and Earls Court. I could not move, any attempt to do so was akin to being zapped by thousands of volts from my lower back downwards. I felt ridiculous and embarrassed at the same time, people swarmed around me like a river around a rocky obstruction, some asked if I was ok, like an idiot my pride made me say yes I'm fine. I won't bore you with the rest, the only positive was the doctor said this usually only occurs with younger people, can't think what he was trying to say!
Anyway when it goes away, continue to exercise your back, something not many of us do enough.
Get well soon, you will, it's just so damn frustrating, have patience.

Ganymede

Veteran
I'm always amazed when one of my gfs marries a man who can't cook. Mr G is brilliant, partly comes from me pushing off for weeks at a time for work and him having to look after himself, but actually I bless his ex for teaching him how to make curry. He's also tidier than me (yay!). Aww, SN, hope it's eased off a bit today and that you've been able to sleep.

Sara_H

Guru
:angry:

I'm currently confined to bed unable to even sit up for the last 2 days let alone walk...

Dr suspects Sciatica but is not 100% sure.

Not being able to weight bear or balance on what is normally my bad side (left) and given that it is my good side that is affected I am pretty much grounded (or more accurately trapped on the 1st floor). My right leg is partially numb and I have a new supply of drugs to sleep through the weekend! I can't even sit up - it is too painful even for a minute or two...

Feeling sorry for myself :sad:
Ouch - I feel your pain, I had sciatica a few years ago, caused by a herniated disc. Not very good fun, I know.

Top Bottom