Went the day well?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just about to tuck into turkey sandwiches
Turkey crown the way to go ....less waste and no turkey sandwiches for days on end ....

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Mine was crap as most of my Xmas. Went to work this year because I didn't want to stay home alone. As soon as I came back home my usual sad Xmas thoughts occupied my head.
You're not alone. Lots of people hate it. Hope you can make the kind of day you like next year.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
…as for me, the inconveniently scheduled though nonetheless surprisingly welcome day off involved a short bike ride, the traditional lunch, and a nice wholesome Christmas movie. Once Upon A Time in Hollywood, which was ******* ace ;)

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
Turkey crown the way to go ....less waste and no turkey sandwiches for days on end ....
That's what we got, but a 1.5kg turkey crown still goes a hell of a long way when there's only 3 in the house....We'll take the rest of it with us to my sister's tomorrow, along with whats left of the marmalade glazed gammon. :hungry:

Globalti

Legendary Member
Annoyingly the weather was great all day but I wasn't allowed to go out for a ride. Tomorrow it's going to rain. Grrrrr!

D

Deleted member 1258

It went OK, sons here, stepson and stepdaughter round for the afternoon, the Xmas dinner I cooked went down well, I laid out a buffet in the evening, now people have gone home, my Good Lady is asleep on the sofa, our lad is watching The Two Ronnie's and I'm on the tablet

Mrs M

Guru
Went well :smile:
Great food and company
Wee cause for concern though
Mr M passed out last night and has two black eyes and bruises on arms and legs
Though he was getting up for a p, heard a thud then found him on the floor
Similar happened this evening
Sitting on the sofa then coughing, leant forward then passed out, ended up on the floor
Ok now but need to see the GP ASAP :sad:
Bit worried

Soltydog

Legendary Member
Went ok here too mate. We went out again, £50 a head same as Brewers, but at a local restaurant, spot on, much more than last year (maybe due to cheap veg at Tesco :laugh:) only had a few pints, as I'd stopped at the local for a couple on my way home from this mornings ride. On the way home we saw a young homeless chap who had been sat on the same bench as when we went out, we stopped & spoke to him, after a while he agreed to come back to ours for a meal, fish, oven chips & peas & a couple of beers & he was so grateful, but I now feel worse because of what we spent on a meal for 3 :sad: Suppose we should be really grateful for what we have, as you never know what's around the corner 🤔

Top Bottom