What a crazy world we live in

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
There's a lovely irony to all this. Their use of aircon to stop themselves getting a bit sweaty, is burning fossil fuels the emissions from which help to warm the planet, meaning that their children will suffer even more sweltering temperatures. Screwing our planet for today's comfort and convenience, while blissfully ignorant of the discomfort and inconvenience this bestows upon generations to come.

They should all be at the seaside sunbathing instead

Levo-Lon

Guru
We had one of those, but we called it the Sand Slinger. Wonderful bit of kit. ^_^

I had one too, me a shovel a a heap of aggregate:laugh:

Drago

Legendary Member
They'd probably moan it's too hot and go and stand by some petrol pumps.

It's Summer, and during the summer it can sometimes get hot, and that can make indoors hot and stuffy. Get over it World. Any old farts remember the summer of 76 where not only did we have no air conditioning anywhere, but we also had no water and had only a stand pipe in the street that was available for a limited number of hours a day? Workers still went to work (except perhaps coal miners and car industry workers, who never went to work anyway).

There is a terrible culture in the UK of solipsistic self entitlement. All the wars, famine, death, disease and suffering around the World and people close up shop because the air conditioning goes AWOL. Some people really need to get a grip on themselves and reality.

It's hot, it's not nice, keep hydrated get on with it. Nothing to see here people.

Last edited:

Levo-Lon

Guru

It's Summer, and during the summer it can sometimes get hot, and that can make indoors hot and stuffy. Get over it World. Any old farts remember the summer of 76 where not only did we have no air conditioning anywhere, but we also had no water and had only a stand pipe in the street that was available for a limited number of hours a day? Workers still went to work (except perhaps coal miners and car industry workers, who never went to work anyway).

There is a terrible culture in the UK of solipsistic self entitlement. All the wars, famine, death, disease and suffering around the World and people close up shop because the air conditioning goes AWOL. Some people really need to get a grip on themselves and reality.

It's hot, it's not nice, keep hydrated get on with it. Nothing to see here people.

Lol
I was fishing on one particular day far from any shops.
We didn't carry water back then and wear sun cream..
On the way home i was very dehydrated, stopped at a shop and bought some pop.
Drank nearly all the pop in one go and then realised it was Cordial!!!!
I was very sick ..
This lovely spell of weather is nothing like 76 ,Yet
Give it a few months and we will have all the " summer was crap this year" after a few days rain in the school holidays..

Drago

Legendary Member
Bring back National service. 2 tours in the mid day sun of the stans wearing all that kit will recalibrate their brains about what "warm" really means.

It really does concern me that we are turning into a nation of weak willed, physically soft weaklings.

I bet you only wrote that lot so you could use your word of the day: 'solipsistic' :okay:

Levo-Lon

Guru
I bet you only wrote that lot so you could use your word of the day: 'solipsistic' :okay:

I thought that was a lollipop :laugh:

The big problem with Tesco is they have a habit of hiring self gratifying tossers as management and senior staff. So if there's a problem staff are bullied or treated like crap, or told they should leave so a pretty young lady in a short skirt can replace them. I'm not surprised they pulled the 'can't work in these conditions' card, they were probably told to keep the windows and doors closed and denied a break to go get water.
Yes I know someone who works at Tesco.

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Bring back National service. 2 tours in the mid day sun of the stans wearing all that kit will recalibrate their brains about what "warm" really means.

It really does concern me that we are turning into a nation of weak willed, physically soft weaklings.
Does anyone wish to work with recruits in a national service type of situation?

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
I used to work in an iron foundry.
Never seen a foundry with aircon
I've seen foundries with open sides in the summer, though, and they used to close up the sides in winter. My father's wire drawing department at the steel mill had big openings on the side, closed with fiberglass panels in winter, (until the fiberglass caught fire once) But now I think it is mostly on blowers and air movers, as I think mostly robots do the work in there now.

Top Bottom