What age are people doing the higher miles.

How many people are riding 3000+ miles

• Age 16 to 25

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Age 26 to 35

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Age 36 to 45

Votes: 19 17.1%
  • Age 46 to 55

Votes: 36 32.4%
  • Age 56 to65

Votes: 36 32.4%
  • Age 66 to 75

Votes: 13 11.7%
  • Age 76+

Votes: 3 2.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Venod

Eh up
True, but it's still not cycling. Like boxers training using a punchbag instead of a proper opponent.

It is cycling but not outdoors, if I ride a 25 mile course on the turbo I have covered the same terrain including hills as I would if I cycled the course outdoors, of course there is no head wind, pot holes or traffic to contend with, but there is also no tailwind and no freewheeling.

Vantage

Carbon fibre... LMAO!!!
How can it be a sun tan if there's no sun involved? :wacko:

I also have a turbo trainer. I've not used it for months as its so bloody boooooring. I don't class it as cycling at all. It's training.

Venod

Eh up
I have also done a lot of running both outdoors and on a treadmill, should I have called the treadmill running something else ?

OP
OP
derrick

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
I dont have a problem with turbos. Just the people who think they are d
Next you'll both be saying that a sun tan from a sunbed isn't a proper tan.:okay:
A sun tan is a change in skin colour. A spin bike changes nothing. You are not moving. Please explain how you are riding miles without moving.:laugh:

I drove 100 miles today :whistle:

uipment-Outrun-Coin-Operated-Video-Arcade-Machine-Driving-Simulator-Car-Racing-Games.jpg_640x640.jpg

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I dont have a problem with turbos. Just the people who think they are d

A sun tan is a change in skin colour. A spin bike changes nothing. You are not moving. Please explain how you are riding miles without moving.:laugh:

Recorded miles on a static bike are an indication of how many miles your effort would have produced had you been riding an actual bike on the road.. Your argument is similar to saying that i'm not communicating with you now,as we aren't actually talking to each other.:thanks:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
Did you hear about the stationary cupboard that moved?

OP
OP
derrick

derrick

The Glue that binds us together.
Recorded miles on a static bike are an indication of how many miles your effort would have produced had you been riding an actual bike on the road.. Your argument is similar to saying that i'm not communicating with you now,as we aren't actually talking to each other.:thanks:
Did you actually read that before you posted it?

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
I only count miles covered whilst cycling. Indoor miles are virtual. But if it gets or keeps you fit and healthy, then good for you. Don't underestimate the mental benefits of outdoor riding though. Not sure indoor can do the same.

Top Bottom