What book are you guys currently reading

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Keith Oates

Janner
I've just finished reading 'To hell on a bIke' by Iain MacGregor and found it a good read. There were some sections that waffled a bit but overall it was well written and researched. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AndyRM

XOXO
Just finished Irvine Welsh's latest, A Decent Ride. Filthy genius. Some of his most depraved stuff yet, and that's saying something!

Hyslop

Veteran
Got 3 on the go.Britannia Obscura (Mapping Hidden Britain),The Almost Nearly Perfect People(an examination of the modern Nordic races) and for sheer pleasure,The Bleeding Heart,a Bryant & May mystery by Christopher Fowler.The last I heartily recommend if you enjoy quirky and highly unusual crime fiction.Hard to describe,go on give one a try!

Jayaly

The City and the City, China Miéville.
Not enjoying it as much as the Bas-Lag books, but it's good.

I just finished Ben Aaronovitch's "Rivers of London", which I really enjoyed.
Definitely read the rest of Ben Aaronovitch's series. They're all as good. Just slightly winning out over Kate Griffin's Midnight Mayor books for my favourite series at the moment. The City and the City was interesting, but I preferred the Bas-Lag books as well.

Jayaly

I'm several chapters into War and Peace, but I'm still waiting for the plot to start and slightly concerned that maybe there isn't one as I would recognise it. I'll give it a bit longer before I decide that I'm an unredeemable philistine and put it down for good.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
alltomorrowsparties.jpg

Philip+Kerr's+Berlin+Noir+Trilogy+-+March+Violets.jpg

If you like wartime/crime reading then this comes highly recommended (by me :smile:) as do all his books in the Gunther series.

Philip Kerr's Bernard Gunther is a character of the highest calibre, well-worth getting to know.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I'm several chapters into War and Peace, but I'm still waiting for the plot to start and slightly concerned that maybe there isn't one as I would recognise it. I'll give it a bit longer before I decide that I'm an unredeemable philistine and put it down for good.

I think it's more a rambling soap opera rather than a single plot as such. I only got half way, but expect it continues in same vein. I'll carry on at some point. I think it's the journey rather than the destination.

AndyRM

XOXO
I think it's more a rambling soap opera rather than a single plot as such. I only got half way, but expect it continues in same vein. I'll carry on at some point. I think it's the journey rather than the destination.

Great description. Gets very philosophical in the second half too.

A rewarding but challenging experience. One day I hope to read it again.

Top Bottom