What can I wear to keep chest area warm cycling at -1 degrees?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My bib tights have an open design across the chest area. My chest feels cold even wearing my warmest jumper.
20171212_114951.jpg

I tried my padded hi-viz jacket (same as traffic officers wear) and I was as warm as toast.

What do you guys wear to specifically keep the chest area warm? The hi viz jacket is a little cumbersome on longer rides.

potsy

Rambler
Base layer or a gilet on top.

Sharky

Guru
You used to be able to buy "chest protectors". Haven't seen them for a while. I have used bubble wrap under my jersey before. Cut a hole for your head and pop it on. Works great as a wind protector.

Maenchi

StoneDog
hang a large square scarf folded into a triangle round your neck with it placed so it covers your chest and tuck it under your top layer......:smile:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
You need a windproof layer somewhere., either Base or at jersey / gilet level
^^ this. My most-used jacket is a Roubaix one with windproof upper chest, but at this time of year, I'm wearing a full arctic fleece with a solid exterior... and sometimes having to slow down or open it up, but being too hot is part of winter cycling ;)

vickster

Legendary Member

Ciar

Veteran
Today i wore baabaa baselayer, a short sleeved top with wicking and then on top of that an Endura Roubaix zip up fleece top, all in all worked perfectly. but as i am not of the rodie persuasion, i also wear cycling shorts and never bibs ^_^

Top Bottom