What can I wear to keep chest area warm cycling at -1 degrees?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I'm not sure what the issue is, you just need to fill in an online form, then you never need hear from them again. Just decline to be contacted and delete the account once the good have arrived and you have decided to keep
Is it so difficult to understand that some people refuse to open accounts with retailers for a single purchase?

Wiggle in particular don't seem to allow you to decline to be contacted. They conspicuously say that they won't email you if you tell them not to, but they make no similar promise for the postal address and phone number. Also, "delete the account" doesn't seem to be mentioned in the terms or privacy policy and I didn't see a deletion option on the "Your Account" screen, so how do you do it anyway? I think it's scummy practices like that which are part of motivating the next strengthening of privacy laws.

vickster

Legendary Member
Fair enough. I have a wiggle account but receive no spam from them via any route

vickster

Legendary Member
At the moment.

Also, one person's spam is another person's tasty sandwich filling.
Huh, I've had it for years, have simply opted out, Ditto CRC

I see to recall the OP likes Merlin, they have that particular garment for £30. I'd go the Evans price match route if Wiggle are a no no, although he mentions faff rather than anything else

Last edited:
I am still on-board here Vickster/ mjr and apreciate the advice that both of you are sharing-thank you. There is an Evans in Sheffield, so not too far from me Vick. I will phone them now to confirm they have my size in the Craft active extreme 2.0cn long sleeve.

Reactions: mjr

vickster

Legendary Member
I am still on-board here Vickster/ mjr and apreciate the advice that both of you are sharing-thank you. There is an Evans in Sheffield, so not too far from me Vick. I will phone them now to confirm they have my size in the Craft active extreme 2.0cn long sleeve.
You'll call head office customer services through that number and they can arrange for you to collect from Sheffield or have it delivered. It looks like it's only the black and blue that are £20 at Wiggle, white ones are more

20171215_200009.jpg
Been shopping at Decathlon yesterday (Thurs). Got a nice XL black cycling jacket with a soft lining. Nice high collar to took a snood in to if required. Not tried it yet.
20171215_200550.jpg

Also, a very light weight rain proof jacket in "be seen" orange. XL size as it has to go over base , bib tights, jumper and a fleece or the jacket.

20171215_200051.jpg

The blue fleece here had only been used for occasionally sitting up in bed reading on a cold day. It's a brilliant 3rd layer over base, bibs and jumper.

Finally, the craft active extreme long sleeve base, ordered from Evans today (thanks Vickster) will be picked up on Monday.

All I need now are some decent gloves.

Last edited:
Long sleeved Helly Hanson base layer with a Mavic warmtech jacket and a high viz.

If it gets really cold I wear a thin padded gilet like the endura one

Ajax Bay

Guru
Wiggle in particular don't seem to allow you to decline to be contacted. They conspicuously say that they won't email you if you tell them not to, but they make no similar promise for the postal address and phone number.
I have a wiggle account but receive no spam from them via any route
Likewise ime.
The suggestion that Wiggle would (spam) phone you is ludicrous. Who has had such a call (from Wiggle or other cycle type shop/seller? And they send out a simple marketing leaflet with every order (as some others do). Posting stuff to people would make no business sense (which is why they don't do it).

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Likewise ime.
The suggestion that Wiggle would (spam) phone you is ludicrous. Who has had such a call (from Wiggle or other cycle type shop/seller? And they send out a simple marketing leaflet with every order (as some others do). Posting stuff to people would make no business sense (which is why they don't do it).
I've had spam texts and junk mail from various retailers in the past. Not wiggle yet but who knows who buys them next year? Far from ludicrous. It's a glaring hole in their terms and I can understand anyone not wanting to sign up with it there.

Ajax Bay

Guru
spam texts and junk mail from various retailers
Name those cycle equipment retailers that you've received spam texts and junk mail from, then. We all get spam texts and junk mail, but you're using generalisation to damn a specific niche sector which is the focus of this element of this thread. If there isn't any evidence of the risk you are talking up, then the hazard of someone "signing up" is minimal. I agree that a firm's T&Cs should allow a prospective customer to opt out of e-mail/texts/snail mail but let's focus on reality, not protocol.

Top Bottom