What do you prefer - Campagnolo or Shimano

What do you prefer - Campagnolo or Shimano ?

• Campagnolo

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Shimano

• Other

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
As I'm a bit of a sucker for Italian bikes and equipment etc, just wondered what you guys prefer to use out of Campag or Shimano ?

100% for Shimano. :ohmy:
Can we close the poll now? :becool:

Tim Bennet.

Entirely Average Member
The split in the poll is now 50:50.

I too really urge you to use this moment of parity to close the poll and declare it a dead heat. If not, it will quickly become dead boring.

Abitrary

Campagnolo on my winter training bike. I'll happily take the weight penalty due to their moisture repellant qualities.

Shimano on my summer bike. Cheap, less faff. Spend more time riding and less time fixing so I can continue my training.

In the morning I have a bowl of porridge made with salt and no sugar and some raisins for slow release energy.

I've got Campag Veloce on one bike and Shimano Sora on another. I prefer the Campag, I find the gear levers more natural and positive. The Sora thumb switch is too small and unaturally placed. Ive also tried 105's and IMO the gear and gear/brake levers on the same side didn't feel right, I like my brakes independant from my gears like the Campag. I've also found that the gear/ brake lever movement is quite hard on my hands (the right in particular) and between my thumb and fingers is red raw.

on the road

Über Member
Tim Bennet. said:
The split in the poll is now 50:50.

I too really urge you to use this moment of parity to close the poll and declare it a dead heat. If not, it will quickly become dead boring.
Too late :becool:

Campag on my road bike, SRAM on my mountain bike. Chater Lea and Stumey Archer on my town bike, Schwinn OE on my cruiser.

I will stick shitty needles in my eyes before I use Shi**no.

wafflycat

Once again, Uncle Albert says it all...

Einstein003.jpg

OP
OP
N

Nicensleazy

Its got to be said, I think Campag is more for the 'purist' cyclist. Just look at the attention to detail on Campag, much better and feels more positive. Come to think of it, even looks better.

Top Bottom