What do you prefer - Campagnolo or Shimano

What do you prefer - Campagnolo or Shimano ?

• Campagnolo

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Shimano

• Other

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
N

Nicensleazy

Uncle Mort said:
I've voted for "other" as I like 1950s Sturmey Archer three speed hub gears and I nearly bought a Rohloff from a man in Dewsbury.

Now that sounds quite interesting!

papercorn2000

SRAM on my commuter, racing bike and MTB, DA on my cross bike (avid brakes) most others are a mixture but mostly shimano and SRAM. But I do think Campag looks nicer.

GrahamG

Guru
I mix'n'match - Campag are my preference for the shifters but shimano cassettes and rear mechs are not only cheaper but tend to be available for longer than 12 months after they are 'superseded'. You have more hub options with shimano too but I'm really not fussed about that. I'd probably be interested in SRAM for road use if they made a triple!

bikie

Über Member
I always went for campag because it had more style, until I was offered a good deal on a trek with dura ace on in 1999, now I'm conveted to shimano

Andy in Sig

Vice President in Exile
I voted other because I have Rohloff on both my bikes thus empowering me to look down on shampagno debates as being schoolyard squabbles.:bravo:

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I have SRAM on my folder, Campag on my road bikes, and a Shimano/SRAM mix on my MTB. I am going to build up a workhorse with a Rohloff (next year...). I have Shimano pedals on my road bike, and Eggbeaters on my MTB. I have plenty of Campag clothing with is very nice indeed and good value in the same in which I bought it. Basically I buy what works and what I like. 'Purist' is just another name word for 'nerd'.

OP
OP
N

Nicensleazy

Flying_Monkey said:
I have SRAM on my folder, Campag on my road bikes, and a Shimano/SRAM mix on my MTB. I am going to build up a workhorse with a Rohloff (next year...). I have Shimano pedals on my road bike, and Eggbeaters on my MTB. I have plenty of Campag clothing with is very nice indeed and good value in the same in which I bought it. Basically I buy what works and what I like. 'Purist' is just another name word for 'nerd'.

Excuse me! Nurd? OK, perhaps your right! I like the word..Puuuuurist.

Top Bottom