What do you wear downstairs?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User6179

As I said before ... Decathlon cycling seamless briefs

Cotton, comfortable, keep your tackle in order

I don't fancy going commando and this way I can cycle without discomfort

Are you sure they are cotton because cotton is one of the worst fabrics to wear when exercising ,they will absorb sweat and cause chaffing.

Polyester is a much better material !

U

User6179

do you wear pants under your swimming trunks when you go swimming?? If not, why not??

I would imagine the answer would be that his backside has never been chaffed swimming^_^.

Lee_M

Guru
well whatever they're made of they're cheap very comfortable don't chafe and don't ride up

cant find them on the decathlon site anymore though

U

User6179

well whatever they're made of they're cheap very comfortable don't chafe and don't ride up

cant find them on the decathlon site anymore though
Only asking as I once got badly chaffed with a pair of dhb cotton undershorts on a long run (they dont use cotton in them now ,must of had to many complaints.)

Lee_M

Guru
:-)

they are great, not sure what to do now when they wear out if you cant buy them anymore, just feels better having them under the standard shorts, whatever others might think, and with no seams there arent any pressure points

U

User6179

:-)

they are great, not sure what to do now when they wear out if you cant buy them anymore, just feels better having them under the standard shorts, whatever others might think, and with no seams there arent any pressure points

Whatever works for you , just ignore the cycle police as their powers are limited:tongue:

Personally i use nike dri-fit polyester undershorts under bib shorts and i never chaff no matter the mileage ,the few times I,ve went commando on long runs I,ve came home with the imprint of my altura gel shorts across my backside.:blush:

172traindriver

Legendary Member
just reading through the topics and just by chance there was this thread 'what do wear downstairs?' followed by 'where do you put your pump?'
Made me chuckle

Just ask :shy:

Boon 51

Veteran
Does the quality of the shorts/pants whatever have any effect or is the cheaper gear just as good as the dear gear.. if that makes sense..

Octet

Veteran
Does the quality of the shorts/pants whatever have any effect or is the cheaper gear just as good as the dear gear.. if that makes sense..

Cheaper gear is going to last nowhere near as long, and there is a chance that it won't be as comfortable.
More expensive gear normally has more 'panels' which is how well things like cycling shorts form to your body, so the higher the panels the higher the quality.

The main concern would be it going semi-transparent when the sun hits it, you can find various horror stories of being told by a cycling buddy that your backside is visible to the entire world through the shorts.
The more expensive, the less chance as it has a higher quality material and weave.

172traindriver

Legendary Member

With a lot of cycling gear it is a case of you get what you pay for. Sometimes by trying to save money you end up having to replace items more often.
As others have said more expensive kit i.e shorts will have better padding and being uncomfortable in those regions when on a ride is not a nice thing for a bloke.
The thing to do is keep an eye on all the big retailers for their sales and look for the better quality stuff when it has large reductions on it.

Top Bottom