What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Jumanji - Welcome to the jungle.
Quite well handled, and even survives a couple of willy gags.
5/10

We also watched that at the weekend. It's not great, but it's not terrible either.
Glad I didn't splash the cash on a trip to the multiplex to see it, but I'd agree 5/10 is a fair rating.

By chance I caught most of The Cruel Sea at lunchtime today. Still a classic, 9/10

We also watched that at the weekend. It's not great, but it's not terrible either.
Glad I didn't splash the cash on a trip to the multiplex to see it, but I'd agree 5/10 is a fair rating.

By chance I caught most of The Cruel Sea at lunchtime today. Still a classic, 9/10

I agree very much with The Cruel Sea. I only noticed it when it was nearly finished.
I've got it in a DVD box set, which will probably tempt me towards watching Ice Cold in Alex again.

stephec

Legendary Member
The Commander

Lewis Collins and Lee Van Cleef in a mercenary tale, I can't tell you what happened as the plot was wafer thin, think of a very downmarket version of Rambo II and you're on the right lines.

Plenty of guns, explosions, hammy acting, and hilarious dialogue.

It can have 4/10 for being so bad that it was almost good. :smile:

gbb

Legendary Member
Shameless showing off my granddaughter but we were watching Shrek. A film she's become obsessed with, this is her 4th viewing, my 2nd . My wife took the photo as Imogen watched entranced...
FB_IMG_1535402289454.jpg

I'm sure we'll end up watching it again :whistle:

stephec

Legendary Member
The Commander

Lewis Collins and Lee Van Cleef in a mercenary tale, I can't tell you what happened as the plot was wafer thin, think of a very downmarket version of Rambo II and you're on the right lines.

Plenty of guns, explosions, hammy acting, and hilarious dialogue.

It can have 4/10 for being so bad that it was almost good. :smile:
After finding out that this was the third in a series by the same director, apparently he's a bit of a cult, and the first one being Codename Wildgeese, I just had to seek out the second one.

Kommando Leopard.

Lewis Collins is a mercenary trying to overthrow a South American dictator, cue explosions that send baddies somersaulting through the air, guns that never need reloading, Klaus Kinski as a baddie who obviously gets his just desserts, and an absolute cheesefest of an ending.

Another 4/10, so bad that it's good.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
After finding out that this was the third in a series by the same director, apparently he's a bit of a cult, and the first one being Codename Wildgeese, I just had to seek out the second one.

Kommando Leopard.

Lewis Collins is a mercenary trying to overthrow a South American dictator, cue explosions that send baddies somersaulting through the air, guns that never need reloading, Klaus Kinski as a baddie who obviously gets his just desserts, and an absolute cheesefest of an ending.

Another 4/10, so bad that it's good.

This sounds like a trilogy i need to see.
Plus rewatch Who Dares Wins, obviously. ^_^

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Fever Pitch. The later American one. Enjoyed it, but not much to say really. An amiable enough way to pass a couple of hours.

Top Bottom