What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I'm relying on you JtM and @Adam4868
Gonna watch it tonight!
Hmmm, inconclusive due to the fact that my SO decided she didn't fancy it after 5 minutes. I'll get back to you when I've watched it alone. Our tastes differ considerably!

"Last Breath" documentary drama with some archive and reconstructions filmed inside and on the exotic equipment at the heart of the story. The most perilous working environment possible where a computer malfunction leads to a countdown on a workers life. If in doubt reboot the computers!
If you like a docudrama and like seeing the more interesting working environments this film is a must.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Testament of Youth. Gut-wrenching stuff. Women scanning spread after spread of broadsheets, just column upon column of casualties, dreading the appearance of their loved ones. And this was pretty much daily. Beautifully filmed, well acted, relentlessly lowering. A good film about a terrible time. The annihilation of the best - and many of the rest. I don't think we as a nation have ever come close to recovering.

gbb

Legendary Member
12th Man.
Apparently based on a true story of a Norwegian resistance fighters fight for survival against all the odds when trying to escape follwing a sabotage attempt against the Nazis.
Put me in mind of The Revenant, that grim grim fight for survival, just desperate determination that some humans find in what seem impossible circumstances.

Grim, but very very good.

I Am Mother - Really good sci-fi film, not big budget, but I found it better than most that are... 8/10
Yup, watched it the other night, agreed!

Leaway2

Lycrist
Murder mystery. Jennifer Aniston, Adam Sandler. I am not a big fan of Mr Sandler, but this was a pleasant comedy romp set in Europe.
A few Brits turned up for cameo roles, David Walliams, Terrence stamp + others.
7/10

Last edited:

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Them (1954)

Got this on DVD for Fathers Day - best present ever !!!

10/10
AtMmFkMC00MGJjLWI3OWUtNGQ3NTYwMmM3ZGQ1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDY2MTk1ODk@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,650,1000_AL_.jpg

Certainly looks like a stonewall 10.

Threevok

Growing old disgracefully
Yup that's the one

I love the way the poster bares absolutely no resemblance to the film what so ever

Who's the scantily clad woman ?
"Kill one and two take it's place" - who says that in the film ????
Why do the ants have cat's eyes ?

The only accurate part is the cast listing :laugh:

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Yup that's the one

I love the way the poster bares absolutely no resemblance to the film what so ever

Details schmetails

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Yup that's the one

It did have ants in it though

But for really chilling ant- based sci fi, look out for Phase IV.

Top Bottom