What film did you watch last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Smash the cistern
The Little Mermaid. I tell you what, it don't end like in the book. Somebody needs to make a proper dark, gothic version. Foam on the sea and all that.

Nigeyy

Legendary Member
Brittany Runs A Marathon

It was strangely good, with no known big acting names. A bit over the top as Hollywood is and a bit too sickly sweet at times (I think it could have been a bit darker had it wanted to be and followed up with damaged character flaws), it was nevertheless an entertaining watch. It's not a film you'd watch and say is realistic but it is nice light weight fluffy entertainment.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
The smallest show on earth. A 1957 film with Virginia McKenna, Bill Travers, Margaret Rutherford and Peter Sellers amongst others. It was on the Talking Pictures channel, 81 on Freeview.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I've just given up on Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets after about 50 minutes.

Goodness knows what it's about.
I did the same... with a view to watching the rest the following evening. That was months ago and I doubt I'll ever bother. Besson has made a few of my favourite films but he's made more clangers than masterpieces.

Just watched The Kid Who Would Be King... a modern take on the Arthurian legend. Joe (Adam & Joe) Cornish has only written and directed two films and both have been excellent. Attack the Block brought aliens to a deprived inner city London, this takes inner city London to Tintagel and beyond. It's aimed at teenagers but that doesn't bother me. a solid 8/10 :okay:

AndyRM

XOXO
Little Shop of Horrors.

Moulin Rouge for me, but that's an excellent shout.

Smudge

Veteran
Just watched 'The Mummy' that i recorded recently. This is the 2017 one with Tom Cruise.
Utter garbage and i'm really surprised that Russell Crowe got involved in this turkey.

Top Bottom