What gig did you go to last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Currently enjoying a beer at the hotel following a brilliant performance by Big Thief at Nottingham's Rescue Rooms. Didn't realise there was a 10pm curfew which meant I missed the support.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Last night I went to see The Rutles in Morecambe. Dirk McQickley and Stig O'hara have long since left the band, so it was just Ron and Barry and a few newbies filling in the gaps. A pleasant evening indeed.

PaulB

Legendary Member
It wasn't last night but last week in Preston. The Lovely Eggs. Here's Holly who'd climbed up on top of the amps, passed the microphone to a volunteer on the front row who held it up for her to sing into!
Holly.jpg

gaz71

Über Member
I went to 2 gigs last night.The first one was (dont laugh) Rick Astley at a church in Kingston.He was better than i expected and he seems like a very likeable person.Obviously he finished with Never gonna give you up which went down well.Then me and Mrs Gaz walked across to the Hippodrome to watch Tom Grennan play the last ever gig there.He was excellent, (im listening to his album now which is very good) really lively and interacted with the crowd throughout.As i said it was the last ever gig there so it was also quite sad as ive seen so many great bands there,but thankfully Banquet Records have got a new venue in Kingston so luckily weve still got live music to enjoy in future.

Not exactly last night, more last week, but Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds at Scarborough open air theater with my son. Great lads night out and what happens in Scarborough, stays in Scarborough.
He was back with us last night with a friend and went to see Little Mix in Hull.

AndyRM

XOXO
An Evening with Brian Blessed.

Had no idea what to expect, beyond volume and swearing which we got in abundance, but more than that felt like I got to know him better beyond his larger than life persona. He's a great raconteur and his rambling, tangential style was very entertaining. Some singer too.

Well worth checking out if you get the chance.

AndyRM

XOXO
The Czech Philharmonic playing Jurassic Park, with the film on a big screen at The Sage. Really immersive and fun.

I was lucky enough to find a concept sketch of a dinosaur afterwards:

IMG_20180912_184956.jpg

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Courtesy of a rediculously cheap train ticket & hotel, I'm currently enjoying a post gig beer in Nottingham having seen Teleman at the Rescue Rooms.

Also will be seeing them in Norwich on Sunday as they were fantastic and tickets were still available

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Glenn Hughes at 'The Assembly' in Leamington Spa on Wednesday. backstage AAA (Access All Area) passes courtesy of Maz's Nephew who is his manager.

Good gig, sold out, and Glenn still has a fantastic voice.

View: https://youtu.be/ZBMeKdR-T-c

EDIT- The weird thing is the passes are printed on a kind of cloth material, I assume so any photocopied replicas can be spotted easily, the 'security' tried tearing mine but being this clothlike stuff they won't rip. I'll ask Carl next time we see him.

Last edited:
Top Bottom