What gig did you go to last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User169

The Boy Gedge last weekend. Not the best ever Wedding Present lineup, but Gedge is still a reliably excellent performer.

50E12CEC-D7BC-4D94-A4DC-AB6B476A016E.jpeg

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
Well the night before last - Rachel Harrington at Norden Farm:

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Laura Veirs at a new venue - Storey's Field Centre in Cambridge

No band - just her and Alex Guy (who, as Led To Sea was also the support act) playing an accoustic guitar, viola & basic keyboard on a stripped back set. Not what I was expecting but really good stuff.

Last edited:

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
Apologies, forgot this thread.
The legend that is Kylie Minogue:
IMG_20181004_223353607_BURST000_COVER.jpg

The bass player on the left is Mark Evans, the original bass player for AC/DC.
I liked this post a few hours ago; I know I'm a complete nobber for it niggling me but Mark was not "the original" bass player, and prior to him joining the band they had a few bassists, the one widely recognised as the first being Larry Van Kriedt. Rob Bailey, Malcolm Young and George Young all played bass on the first studio album, High Voltage; I think George Young was the only one who got album credits for bassist on High Voltage, and he played bass on a number of ACDC tracks over the years even when Mark and Cliff were in the band.

OK, that's that itch scratched. :laugh:

Anyway, I love the Tatts. I was planning to go and see them in Glasgow but family stuff got in the way at the last minute.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I liked this post a few hours ago; I know I'm a complete nobber for it niggling me but Mark was not "the original" bass player, and prior to him joining the band they had a few bassists, the one widely recognised as the first being Larry Van Kriedt. Rob Bailey, Malcolm Young and George Young all played bass on the first studio album, High Voltage; I think George Young was the only one who got album credits for bassist on High Voltage, and he played bass on a number of ACDC tracks over the years even when Mark and Cliff were in the band.

OK, that's that itch scratched. :laugh:

Anyway, I love the Tatts. I was planning to go and see them in Glasgow but family stuff got in the way at the last minute.

cheers for the AC/DC history lesson you nobber :okay:

Lullabelle

Banana
Monday evening we will be singing along with Glenn Tilbrook. We have seen him before, accoustic versions of Squeeze songs and anyone else's he likes or the audience requests, a great time.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Eleanor Friedberger.

I'm a huge fan of the Fiery Furnaces and since she was playing in the local library I went along. Her solo work isn't really my cup of tea, but she's a confident and capable performer with a really tight band.

Top Bottom