What gig did you go to last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

XOXO
If I lived in London I would be at this tomorrow night. It will be louder than hell. If you're in the vicinity I suggest you go along.

IMG_20181029_082736.jpg

Went to see Go Now, the music of the Moody Blues, Palace theatre Southend at my girlfriends request. . It had one original member of the Moody Blues in it , Gordy Marshal. The rest of the band were most notably Mick Wilson, lead singer of 10cc. First half I did not recognize one sang apart from Forever Autumn. Second half they did Go-Now and Whiter shade of pale and some war of the worlds ( because the drummer had toured with war of the world for 6 years) . Musicians and vocals were all very skilled, one for the Moody Blues fans though really. ( not got anything else line up until March next year, Stiff little fingers, Eddie and the Hot Rods and the Vapours, note supposedly E+the hot rods last year of touring)

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)

Bracknell last night, first time I've been to the Acoustic Couch - nice, quirky venue carved out of the ground floor of a multi-storey car park !

Been a fan of Christine's since the late 80s, still knocks spots off nearly every female singer on the planet.

GM

Legendary Member
Got to thank @Ffoeg for the heads up. Went to the most amazing gig tonight, Larkin Poe at the Islington Assembly Hall. Those girls are absolutely brilliant, and the good news is that they are back next March.

Went to see Go Now, the music of the Moody Blues, Palace theatre Southend at my girlfriends request. . It had one original member of the Moody Blues in it , Gordy Marshal. The rest of the band were most notably Mick Wilson, lead singer of 10cc. First half I did not recognize one sang apart from Forever Autumn. Second half they did Go-Now and Whiter shade of pale and some war of the worlds ( because the drummer had toured with war of the world for 6 years) . Musicians and vocals were all very skilled, one for the Moody Blues fans though really. ( not got anything else line up until March next year, Stiff little fingers, Eddie and the Hot Rods and the Vapours, note supposedly E+the hot rods last year of touring)

Just a shame the original singer of Go Now, Bessie Banks is largely forgotten about

Chris S

Legendary Member
I saw London Calling (a Clash tribute) at the Asylum in Hockley. It was over by 10:30 so the teenagers could take over the club and all the old farts could go home for a cup of tea :smile:

Old jon

Guru
Last night, two gigs.

Catrin Finch, harp, and Seckou Keita on one or other kora. Brilliant musicians, the pair of them.

Then Wolves at my local. Half the first set and all the second. Great band really on form.

tony111

Veteran
Mumford & Sons at Leeds Arena. Terrific performance, they played a few tracks from their latest album, , which I haven't got yet. Crap seats right at the back but sounded great despite that.

Top Bottom