What gig did you go to last night?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ciar

Veteran
I have never, ever seen a bad Suicidal gig. Always a great time when they play and always a completely mad crowd.
Have some 'Clap Like Ozzy'..

Last saw AF a couple of years back. As much as I love this band, they seemed to be going through the motions that night. Hopefully no so for your gig.

i have never ever seen them myself, but i remember my sk8tr friends back in the 80's always playing their albums :smile: that new album i checked out today seems very hard rock/metal in places more so than i remember them being.

U

User169

Dale Watson in Oxford last night, the guy plays (singer and ace guitarist) live most days sometimes twice a day and he never puts on anything other than a first rate show. The band are top notch too; drums, double bass and pedal steel. He plays without a setlist and will play requests from anywhere in his career, they all know all his songs, and when you've got 30 years and 20 albums to your name that's pretty impressive. Not many will (or can) put on such a spontaneous show. He's my favourite.
]

Mrs DP saw him last week in Haarlem, supported by the most excellent James Intveld

View: https://youtu.be/KJqIxrQWOWk

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
I was standing, so were the folks around me so stick your rule of thumb buddy! To be fair it was a shite venue, he normally plays in a bar on The Cowley Road I've no idea why it was where it was.

Oo I forgot I had to tell some people off too, fecking talking while the great man was doing his thang.

Mrs DP saw him last week in Haarlem, supported by the most excellent James Intveld

View: https://youtu.be/KJqIxrQWOWk

Dale's last UK gig tonight, tweeted today he wouldn't be back for a while. :sad:

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Going to The Assemby in Leamington Spa tomorrow night tomorrow night to see Anathema. Can't wait!

If anyone's been to the venue before, any recommendations on good places to park?

Graham

Don't know about for free but if you go over the bridge on The Leam there's street parking to the right and if you go off to the left (by Pizza Express) there's a multi-storey behind The Parade within easy walking.

TVC

Going to The Assemby in Leamington Spa tomorrow night tomorrow night to see Anathema. Can't wait!

If anyone's been to the venue before, any recommendations on good places to park?

Graham
Last time I parked in the car park immediately behind it. I got there a couple of hours early and walked towards the town centre and had a meal. I suspect if you leave it late then that car park will be full.

slowwww

Veteran
Red Butler last week (great young blues/rock band), Laurence Jones this week (British Blues Awards young Artist of the year last 3 years) both at Komedia Brighton.

Top Bottom